Trouble logging in to forums.

Davemcc

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I visit a number of forums each day. I'm a mod on a couple of them so I try to check in when I can. When I am on wi--fi or in a location where I have full signal strength, I can log in successfully. Usually though, the M8 does not hold my log in information.

When I log in to a forum in most instances, it takes me to the redirect page which tells me that I have successfully logged in but when it redirects back to the forum page, I am not logged in. Also, if I log in while using wi-fi or with a solid signal, I will lose that log in as soon as I move to an area with less signal strength.

Cookies are on. I always check the box that says "Keep me logged in".

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I visit a number of forums each day. I'm a mod on a couple of them so I try to check in when I can. When I am on wi--fi or in a location where I have full signal strength, I can log in successfully. Usually though, the M8 does not hold my log in information.

When I log in to a forum in most instances, it takes me to the redirect page which tells me that I have successfully logged in but when it redirects back to the forum page, I am not logged in. Also, if I log in while using wi-fi or with a solid signal, I will lose that log in as soon as I move to an area with less signal strength.

Cookies are on. I always check the box that says "Keep me logged in".

I've been having the same problem with android central when using the stock browser. On chrome everything works just fine though

Posted via Android Central App

Davemcc

May 16, 2014
Visit site
This was happening to me using the stock browser and Chrome. I loaded Firefox but haven't been able to test it much yet.

I thought maybe
I was missing a setting or something.

Edit: not working in Firefox either.

Last edited:

Davemcc

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I will take suggestions from anybody to solve this issue. I need to get this M8 working properly. Between this issue and having neither Bluetooth nor USB music working properly in my cars, this phone is not performing the basic, daily functions that I expect. I am almost ready to ditch the M8 and put my old iPhone 4 back into service. At least if performs the basic functions even if it is too small for my aging eyes.

I am new to Android and willing to learn but I'm starting to think I have been seriously misled about the capabilities of the Android platform.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692