HTC one m8 prime

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If the HTC prime is really coming in september and the specs are true I'll be a little upset because I thought the HTC one m8 was gonna be the flagship for HTC but I guess not . I love this phone and wouldn't trade it for nothing except a better HTC phone but hard to do when u just signed a 2 year contract 😞 hope I don't get buyers remorse .

Posted via Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
No buyer's remorse for this. There will always be newer and better phones that come out. If you enjoy the device, why feel bad about your purchase? I got an original Moto Droid right before the Droid 2 was announced. Suddenly my device, the flagship for Android 2.0, was outdated. I didn't feel bad, though. I loved that phone. It was a great introduction to Android for me and I've been with Android ever since. That was a quality phone for its time, and the HTC One M8 is a great phone for its time. Even if a Prime version comes out later this year, so what? How does that affect your feelings towards your phone? Just enjoy it!

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The prime will be a much larger device with a 5.5" screen. I'm assuming this is going to be the next max phone from them. Specs will be better but it will cost more and not everyone will want to wield a 5.5" phone.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The prime will be a much larger device with a 5.5" screen. I'm assuming this is going to be the next max phone from them. Specs will be better but it will cost more and not everyone will want to wield a 5.5" phone.

Yes. Exactly. It's not meant to be a replacement for the M8, but a replacement for the One Max. Typically that's a different market than those buying the M8 or M7.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This. It's suppose to be compete in the fablet market.

Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, etc.

Galaxy mega , Note 3, HTC One M8 Prime

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This. It's suppose to be compete in the fablet market.

Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, etc.

Galaxy mega , Note 3, HTC One M8 Prime

When the m8 prime drops there might be a note 4, but I get what you're saying.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh well that's not so bad if it's to replace the max I can understand . I love my m8 and there is no other phone on the market I'd rather have . Not to sure I would like the 5.5 inch display anyway I'm fine with the 5 . Thanks everyone for your reasoning I've just always been an HTC fan and would take an awful lot to make me change .

spock123

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No offense, but if you're on a 2 year contract, it's on YOU.... don't blame others for your own mistakes.

Buy unlocked. Be free

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably around $299

This.

And no buyers remorse for me. I saw the specs and thought to myself 'man if i had only waited another month....' then I saw the 5.5 inch screen and was like 'ahhhh, nope.' 5 inch is big enough for me. 5.5 would really be overkill for my preference.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
The One M8 is a great sized phone and fits perfect in the hand. I can't really imagine anything larger.

A little buyers remorse once the initial leaks came out, but I'm glad I bought the M8 in the end.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Thank god haha. As long as its for a different group of people there won't be so much anxiety over two M8s.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank god haha. As long as its for a different group of people there won't be so much anxiety over two M8s.

It's for people like me who are rocking the Note :).