Are Verizon M8s unlocked for GSM networks?

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Most likely not. You would have to contact Verizon and see if they would give you a code so you can use it out of the country.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is though you will need to figure out which network your going to use before traveling. Some networks overseas are compatible and some aren't. In the Philippines for example they have four main carriers the the phone will only work on two of them. Must established carriers I've dealt with have they info you will need to know on their websites as well as instructions about how to obtain a SIM for their network. I usually try to obtain one before traveling so that my phone will work right off they plane. Pretty much all LTE phones on Verizon are SIM unlocked out if the box.How well it will work well depend we network you choose.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I take my M8 out of the country and put a nin-Verizon GSM or CDMA sim card in would it work?

Most likely not. You would have to contact Verizon and see if they would give you a code so you can use it out of the country.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

All Verizon LTE phones are already unlocked.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
All Verizon LTE phones are already unlocked.

Just for clarification, all m8 are factory sim unlocked. But there are some Verizon 4GLTE smartphones that are locked.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just for clarification, all m8 are factory sim unlocked. But there are some Verizon 4GLTE smartphones that are locked.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Thanks dpham for the correction :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance