M8 logo falling off.

alyssacif

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The back of my m8 where it says htc across the back for the logo,the letters have fallen off for the t and the c. They seem to be just cheap stickers that are glued on. very disappointed. Anyone else seem to be running into this problem?

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... The HTC is engraved on the back of my M8. Did they change that to a sticker?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raphymartinez

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The sticker that sits inside the indentation in the letter T in mine fell off yesterday. The letters are carved out of the aluminum and then a thick'ish sticker is placed in there. If the sticker wasn't in there I can't imagine the amount of dirt and crap that will plug up those letters. They need to do something about this. Top expensive of a phone to have this type of cosmetic issue.

raphymartinez

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with a HTC customer service rep. The most they'll do is have me send it in for repair, and if I get a quote for the work to contact them and they will "work with me" whatever that means. Pretty disappointing to say the least. If I had done something out of the ordinary to cause this I would understand but I simply took the phone out of my pocket and the letter fell off. Things like this holds HTC down. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect a loaner phone while it's in for a free repair or an simple exchange for this issue. Not when I was pay top dollar (off contract) for what otherwise is a great device

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The sticker that sits inside the indentation in the letter T in mine fell off yesterday. The letters are carved out of the aluminum and then a thick'ish sticker is placed in there. If the sticker wasn't in there I can't imagine the amount of dirt and crap that will plug up those letters. They need to do something about this. Top expensive of a phone to have this type of cosmetic issue.

On my HK Edition, it came with just the engraved HTC on the back, with no stickers in the letters and it seemed fine to me. I didn't even know some had them. My original EVO 4G had the letters come off like that after a year or two.

LUGO74

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Just chatted with a HTC customer service rep. The most they'll do is have me send it in for repair, and if I get a quote for the work to contact them and they will "work with me" whatever that means. Pretty disappointing to say the least. If I had done something out of the ordinary to cause this I would understand but I simply took the phone out of my pocket and the letter fell off. Things like this holds HTC down. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect a loaner phone while it's in for a free repair or an simple exchange for this issue. Not when I was pay top dollar (off contract) for what otherwise is a great device

I have the same issue... The C just went down.. Don't want to have to send it.. Maybe I'll just take the other ones out!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would not call it a sticker in the engraving, but when it starts coming out, it is like a rubber cement consistency. I think it must be fairly common, as when I called ATT about it since I am on Next and do not want a ding for damage, they call it common wear and tear. It still looks good without that stuff in there to flatten it out, but those engravings are much deeper than they first appear. This is the reason I put a case on- did not want anything MORE to happen to the back of the phone after I cleaned up the goop from the logo AND polished the coating off the camera lens. I wanted no next thing, which at this point is to find out that the brushed aluminum look would rub off from pocket action. First case on a phone, ever. Resolved the slippery issue too.

Cole Haines

May 29, 2015
Visit site
My c fell if two days ago and my T fell off in my pocket and slid inside my phone between the screen and the speakers, I fear my H will fall off soon

Cole Haines

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Update it's been a minute since I posted that and the H fell off in my pocket, my screen is cracked so I can't get a new phone. The glue they used fails in heats over 95℉ which makes since in black skinny jeans so that's why people

Ajinkya Hivare

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Very cheap HTC..
You make a flagship phone.. N it's logo is just a sticker..
I was proud of my htc one m8..
But not anymore..
Will go for iPhone..
They are the best..