Thinking about ditching my Note 3

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone is becoming defective and verzion wants to replace my phone. Im sure it's just gonna be a refurbished phone. Looking at just getting a new phone off of swappa or something. Looking at going away from Samsung and getting the HTC M8. Been trying to do some research, lots of good reviews. Can I get some pro's and con's about it? And would I be making a good decsion?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Going from a Note 3 to an M8 is like going from a 32"TV to a 21" computer monitor. Yes, you feel the difference. If getting used to small (I know, it's not 'small, small' but compared to the Note 3's it IS small) screens again is not a problem for you and you were not 'married' to the Samsung Ecosystem (S-Stuff), then the M8 is a very nice purchase. The camera, though, will leave you disappointed VS the ones you take with your Note. Well, from my test and the samples I've seen it leaves you disappointed anyway, no matter which phone you own. Other than that, the phone is snappy, speedy, and delivers great performance.

But if you're looking to buy a new phone, why not an S5? Or another phablet, like Sony's or LG's? Or just wait until September and the new Note is announced (and the new iPhone, I think should come out somewhere around then, too) and prices for current phones come down.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm just sort of getting tired of Samsung phones.. I went from the S3 to the Note 3 in February.. So just looking at other companies.. Disappointed hearing about the camera though

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the m8,s5,and g2. Out of the 3 I choose to use my m8 as a daily driver. The ui is so nice and clean ,smooth running,no lag or hiccups. Build is ,well,I need not say lol,fantastic,speakers,same. I love the g2 ,camera is nice,battery is good ,but to me the m8is a different expierience. As for the camera,to me and for my purposes photos are on par with both my others. If you are going to blow photo up and print,than maybe not,I'd go with one of the others. If not ,and you are just sending photos,posting photos,etc than the m8 is fine. As far as battery I just got 32 hrs with moderate use,2 email acc pushing ,no battery saver and almost 7 hrs screen time,that's better than I get with same usage than my g2.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 3 as my work phone and the M8 as my personal phone. They are really two completely different beasts, but I end up using the M8 much more than the Note for everyday use.

As far as the cameras go, don't get caught up in the specs, and you're better off dismissing the opinion of anyone that hasn't actually lived with and used the M8's camera . For overall everyday use, I much prefer the M8's camera over the Note. There are very few instances where I would get a better picture out of the Note.

Physically, the M8 is almost as tall as the Note, but much narrower. If you have at least average-size hands, it's entirely possible to use the M8 one-handed. The M8 beats the Note for build quality, fit-and-finish, materials, and overall design. Somehow, the Note manages to feel "cheap" next to the M8.

Of course the audio experience on the M8 blows away the Note.

Performance-wise, the M8 feels much more responsive and quicker than the Note. TouchWiz vs Sense is a matter of personal preference, but I think Sense is hands down the better UI.

For productivity purposes, it's going to be hard to replace the Note with anything else. The large screen format and S-Pen features are the main advantages the Note has over the M8.

I've been privileged to have the best of both worlds, so to speak. But if I had to choose one of the two, I'd go with the M8, and it wouldn't even be a very hard decision.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm just sort of getting tired of Samsung phones.. I went from the S3 to the Note 3 in February.. So just looking at other companies.. Disappointed hearing about the camera though

From one Buckeye to another, camera is really pretty good. No complaints with the M8. Go Bucks!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 3 as my work phone and the M8 as my personal phone. They are really two completely different beasts, but I end up using the M8 much more than the Note for everyday use.

As far as the cameras go, don't get caught up in the specs, and you're better off dismissing the opinion of anyone that hasn't actually lived with and used the M8's camera . For overall everyday use, I much prefer the M8's camera over the Note. There are very few instances where I would get a better picture out of the Note.

Physically, the M8 is almost as tall as the Note, but much narrower. If you have at least average-size hands, it's entirely possible to use the M8 one-handed. The M8 beats the Note for build quality, fit-and-finish, materials, and overall design. Somehow, the Note manages to feel "cheap" next to the M8.

Of course the audio experience on the M8 blows away the Note.

Performance-wise, the M8 feels much more responsive and quicker than the Note. TouchWiz vs Sense is a matter of personal preference, but I think Sense is hands down the better UI.

For productivity purposes, it's going to be hard to replace the Note with anything else. The large screen format and S-Pen features are the main advantages the Note has over the M8.

I've been privileged to have the best of both worlds, so to speak. But if I had to choose one of the two, I'd go with the M8, and it wouldn't even be a very hard decision.

Yea.. I don't use the s pen at all, and not really use much of the features that's designed for the note, just enjoy the bigger screen

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with what everyone else said. I have used a Nexus 4, M7, Note 3, Nexus 5 and now my daily driver is my M8.
I keep my Note 3 as back up or for playing games. But the 5 inch screen is perfect size for me to use daily and i do enjoy having front facing speakers.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never owned the Note 3, but I did own the Note 2. And, I will tell you that you will feel the difference (I just purchased the phone Thursday), and if you don't mind the smaller device, you'll be fine!

The camera is fine! I haven't noticed anything different that any other device that I have used. Had I not known about the 4 "Ultra" Pixel shooter, I probably would not have known.

Like someone above said, if you aren't completely immersed in the Samsung Eco system your transition should be fine..

Good Luck.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd say get the M8. If you've had a few Samsung phone why not try it out? Sense feels so clean and you do have a 14 day return window.

Go for it :)

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol