10-17-2015 03:22 PM
51 123
tools
    I for one don't care if apple copies htc, because if they do, it just legitimises htc's design work as the best in the world!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-30-2014 08:41 AM
    You linked an article that said Apple increased their sales but was lower then CRITICS PREDICTIONS

And comparing market share of 2 phone models to every android Device including the cheap prepaids at Wal-Mart checkout counter that run android 2.2. it's an unfair comparison

If you want a fair comparison then compare the sales of Apple's phones to Nokia or HTC, or the iPhone 5 to the current or last nexus , but no, don't want to do a fair comparison

And yes you were phone bashing

And for the record I have never owned or want to own an iPhone, I own and always liked the HTC One Series

What on earth are you on about?? That's untrue and you didn't point out any contradiction at all. If you like Apple, great. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I just made a factual statement, with a source. Somehow, you made the leap to thinking that had something to do with phone bashing. I don't play those games.
    05-30-2014 09:46 AM
    Doubt they will copy the design, as of now nobody outside of Apple knows what it looks like, that design the person was showing a random person made so they can get page hits and YouTube views.

The design looks like the One because it was the recent major phone release when the person printed / drew it

I for one don't care if apple copies htc, because if they do, it just legitimises htc's design work as the best in the world!

05-30-2014 09:49 AM
    All I see is a larger looking iPhone... looks nothing like the M7 or M8 imo.
    05-30-2014 10:22 AM
    That's entirely irrelevant the initial statement I made. I'm not trying to engage in an Iphone vs Android argument with you. I simply stated that their share in the market is continually weakening. It's just a fact.
    It is not a fact. That article is confusing. iPhone's share of the U.S. market is 41% and rising. It has been rising for the past 18 months.

Link: http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...ket-share.html
    05-30-2014 10:27 AM
    The only reason you think it is irrelevant is because it contradicts with you

The market share us dropping because the make 2 phones, perioud.

If you want to compare, stop comparing a phone to a whole operating system where every monkey and it's cousin puts some old crapy android on a kiosk $5 job.

Want to compare iPhone 5, fine, compare it to phones releaced at the same time.

The problem is everybody is unfairly comparing everything bundled together against 1 device. Including scrappy devices made by Joe blow to sell via girl scouts, or devices given away to people who open a free checking account.

You don't hear people saying a Ferrari sucks compared to a Toyota Corrola or Honda civic sales wise. No you want to compare a Ferrari to a Lamborghini and Porsche. Not a Corrola, Prius, and Ford ranger

Sent from my HTC One M8

while I agree with the iphone being compared to all Android devices being an unfair comparison, this IS an android based forum, where you can expect some bias.......

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk
    05-30-2014 11:14 AM
    Can we just hush up with all this ballyhoo? It's pointless and it's making everybody look like idiots arguing over what some silly sales and market share numbers mean

05-30-2014 11:22 AM
    You linked an article that said Apple increased their sales but was lower then CRITICS PREDICTIONS

And comparing market share of 2 phone models to every android Device including the cheap prepaids at Wal-Mart checkout counter that run android 2.2. it's an unfair comparison

If you want a fair comparison then compare the sales of Apple's phones to Nokia or HTC, or the iPhone 5 to the current or last nexus , but no, don't want to do a fair comparison

And yes you were phone bashing

And for the record I have never owned or want to own an iPhone, I own and always liked the HTC One Series

It is not a fact. That article is confusing. iPhone's share of the U.S. market is 41% and rising. It has been rising for the past 18 months.

Link: iPhone, Android grab more market share - Washington Business Journal
    If you guys want to argue, see out the editors at CNET and other publications who have published the facts. The numbers don't lie.
    05-30-2014 03:45 PM
    If you guys want to argue, see out the editors at CNET and other publications who have published the facts. The numbers don't lie.
    And you seek out the editors at the Washington Business Journal. While you're at it, talk to Comscore, too.
    comScore: Apple Still Top Smartphone Manufacturer with 41.6% US Market Share | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
    05-30-2014 09:07 PM
    M8 looks better

05-30-2014 09:16 PM
    This entire thread has gone a little off the rails

05-31-2014 06:13 AM
    This entire thread has gone a little off the rails

I don't it was ever on rails. That is a mock dummy iPhone. No one knows what the next iPhone would look like as yet.

Sent from my Moto X...
    05-31-2014 08:05 AM
    Not to much worried about the size but the features. Probably will be a larger screen if they are going that route. Better cam and battery and display. Other then that it will be the same iPhone. Still have to sync with iTunes and still won't have the customization aspect. Won't have a sd slot or removable battery. The iPhone is meant to just be a simple device. For what ever reason people love them to death.

05-31-2014 10:48 AM
    For what ever reason people love them to death.
    Because they are great phones.
    05-31-2014 11:22 AM
    Because they are great phones.
    I agree. This whole Apple vs android battle is stupid to me. Both platforms offer great features for different users.

[JTC ONE m8]
    05-31-2014 11:30 AM
    All I see is a larger looking iPhone... looks nothing like the M7 or M8 imo.
    I love my M8, but I was thinking the same thing. Looks nothing like the HTC One lol
    05-31-2014 11:43 AM
    The look of the phone and the technology behind it are two separate things. For those who think Apple is copying HTC, you might want to do a little research into who owns the technology behind some things. Apple did pioneering work with the iPhone 4 and building the Antenna into the frame. They followed that with technology which allows an antenna for an all aluminum back - you know, like what HTC is using.
    I would provide links, but apparently I don't have enough posts in this forum to do so. Do a search for Apple's patents on microslot antenna and Apple's patents related to "Antennagate".
    HTC has a licensing agreement with Apple which is why HTC is allowed to use such technology.
    03-27-2015 08:57 AM
    I am more upset that HTC copied the Galaxy S rear view in the M9, like seriously, the one design change they make is the rear camera, and they made it looks like the hideous pop-out square in the Galaxy S series.
    03-27-2015 10:23 PM
    Being a little of topic.... What about the s6 no removable battery and no sd card Wtf. -2 pros. Apple Haters.......
    03-28-2015 02:11 PM
    Erm from what i know, Apple work with HTC to mass produce iphone 6 in China/Taiwan.

I'm not sure why would i be upset because iPhone 6 has similar design as my htc one m8 phone. Who care seriously, it's a goddamn phone.

There are many type of TV, cars, fridge, microwave, toaster, mouse, monitor, desktop, speaker, headphone, in earphones, microphone, smartboard, PDA, remote, DVD players, radio do i have to list them all?

All of them have very similar design specifically to suit customer needs, so of course smartphone will looks similiar just to match customer need. etc metal design, glass design, rounded edge, capacitative buttons, fingerprints, camera position all may need to be designed to match customer need.

It's impossible to have a design thats completely different from each other but can't even match customer's experience...

So stop whining and start appreciating technology. This is the future, design will be needed to change to match customer's need.
    dty06 likes this.
    03-30-2015 08:06 AM
    Honestly, Apple has contributed nothing but headaches to my life. I've had way too many issues with Apple products (especially in a support role) to view them favorably. But honestly, as much as I dislike the company and their products, I don't care at all if Apple wants to copy HTC (or vice versa). It has no bearing on my use of my phone at all. I love my phone's features, style and function and nothing Apple does will impact how I view or use my phone.
    03-30-2015 08:25 AM
    How do you figure HTC copied iPhone first ?? The HTC ones series were out way before the Iphone 6. The iPhone 6 copied the HTC one series long slender aluminum body and front space saving screen. Apple also patented a very similar screen to the Samsung edge's curved screen. And also patented an ode Similar to HTC's duo camera. Apple has copied many of its ideas. Apple's face time was an idea stolen from a other company, and Apple has been sued numerous times for it. Apple's finger print scanner was also an idea stolen from motorola, Apple bought the company that licences the technology, but the idea was first used by Motorola. I haven't seen any idea of iPhones stolen by HTC, and if there is I'm sure It's.a weak claim. It's funny Samsung's s6 has a glass back and everyone claims they copied the iPhone, yet the iPhone 6 copied the HTC one series look, style, and display screen layout and no one says ****. Hmmm.
    08-25-2015 02:02 PM
    It wasn't until Apple all of a sudden started trying to claim everyone was copying off of them, that people started to call Apple out on all they have copied. Apple claims people copied their finger print scanner when in fact they stole the idea from Motorola. Apple claims smasung stole their glass body look, when I don't even see the resemblance, yet the iPhone 6 copys the exact look of the HTC one series phones from the long, slender look to the aluminum body, And conservative display, reaching from edge to edge. It's annoying when Apple uses Samsung parts in their phones and patents Samsung's ideas yet crys when they use a glass body which they claim is their idea. Well if they want to cry and sue Samsung for having a glass body on a phone that doesn't even look like the iPhone, but yet copy the HTC one series look exactly to the T, it's annoying !! When Apple steals an idea or copys another phone It's innovation, but If another phone company even has an idea or look that even resembles something of apples they want to go to court over it and make a huge fuss about it !!! Honestly the better half of iPhone is made from stolen ideas of other phones and comapnies, that's why beats and Apple make a good team. It's only a matter of time before iPhone copies Samsung and Lenovo, and puts an image, and keyboard projector in the IPhone, and claims it to be their idea and later trys to sue others for copying their stolen idea.
    08-25-2015 02:14 PM
    The camera is a Sony camera, you'll see the same one in the new sony xperia, and Sony's camera has looked like that forever. If anything Samsung copied it. But that's nothing all rear cameras are either square or circular, you usually see the square cameras due to the lens taking wider images. So either way it wasn't HTC that copied anything.
    08-25-2015 02:20 PM
    Apple never copies anyone. They are always first to do anything. I mean, they did invent the rectangle.
    Are you serious ?? Lol. I'm sure Apple belives they created the rectangle!! Even though I'm sure they would if they could, They can't put a pantent on a shape !! That's Just ******* retarded ! Everything Apple has done recently has been stolen or copied. Face time was an idea they stole and Apple has been sued many times for it. The finger print scanner was first an idea seen on Motorola, until Apple stole it and claimed it to be theirs, the 5mp front facing camera on the iPhone 6s was copied from HTC, the all metal body and antenna stripes was copied off HTC, the long slender body for easier one handed use was copied off HTC, Apple even copied HTC's ZOE camera. The list goes on.. Apple's own A7, A8 and A9 chips were all stolen technology, created by a university. Apple refused to pay the licensing fee to use to technology and used it anyway, and now they are being sued for that !! I mean really Apple's idea of innovation is to let other phone manufacturers come up with good ideas and then they pick and choose what they want to copy, and then they change the name to something that starts with "I"... The screwed up part is that everyone is saying the new HTC one A9 copied Apple's iPhone look, when it was the iPhone who copied HTC !! How the hell can HTC copy a design they had long before the iPhone 6 even came out ?? How does HTC copy their own design ?? Apple claimed Samsung stole their design and took them to court and look whY happened... Apple ended up being the one paying out of pocket, and Samsung presented large amounts of patents Apple stole from them.. I Mena Samsung and HTC use to make the iPhone !! The iPhone was designed by HTC and worked off a lot of samsungs technology. Steve jobs and HTC even teamed up to make a phone together right before, the iPhone. Steve jobs admitted to adopting the look of the HTC one series into the iPhone 6, because he thought it was a beautiful phone. You can find online that HTC and Apple had an agreement for Apple to use HTC's design on the iPhone 6...
    10-17-2015 03:12 PM
51 123