So, I noticed that when I try to turn on WiFi, nothing happens. If I do it from the drop down settings, I click on the WiFi to turn it on, but it just blinks as if looking for several seconds but doesn't actually turn on. If I do it from the actual settings, I click on the On/Off button but it stays gray and does not actually turn on. Anyone else have this issue? How can I fix this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    05-28-2014 11:22 AM
    So, I noticed that when I try to turn on WiFi, nothing happens. If I do it from the drop down settings, I click on the WiFi to turn it on, but it just blinks as if looking for several seconds but doesn't actually turn on. If I do it from the actual settings, I click on the On/Off button but it stays gray and does not actually turn on. Anyone else have this issue? How can I fix this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Fixed it for her

I just restarted her phone and Wi-Fi is now working correctly.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-28-2014 12:54 PM
    I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and I'm having the same issue. On the WiFi screen, it says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi", but when I slide it to ON (which stays grayed out), it just says "Turning on..." for a little while then goes back to the "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi" screen. And there are no networks to see. The "Scan" and "Wi-Fi Direct" buttons are grayed out and un-pushable. I've tried restarting, removing the battery and SD card, leaving my WiFi area and coming back, airplane mode. Nothing has worked. It's a galaxy S3. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.
    05-29-2014 08:51 AM
    I just upgraded to 4.4.2 and I'm having the same issue. On the WiFi screen, it says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi", but when I slide it to ON (which stays grayed out), it just says "Turning on..." for a little while then goes back to the "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi" screen. And there are no networks to see. The "Scan" and "Wi-Fi Direct" buttons are grayed out and un-pushable. I've tried restarting, removing the battery and SD card, leaving my WiFi area and coming back, airplane mode. Nothing has worked. It's a galaxy S3. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you.
    Might want to post this in the gs3 section, this is the m8 section.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-29-2014 09:22 AM