A few minor issues

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
A few annoying things I've run into...

1. Open WiFi settings notification... any way to turn this off? Every time I connect to a WiFi network this notification pops up...

2. Loud music warning... God I hate this... I know you can disable when rooted, was wondering if there is a way to disable without root

3. I work in a manufacturing plant so when I occasionally have no data connection the phone asks if I want to switch to global...I always select No and check Do not ask me again, but it never remembers my preference??

Any help is appreciated

[JTC ONE m8]

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
A few annoying things I've run into...

1. Open WiFi settings notification... any way to turn this off? Every time I connect to a WiFi network this notification pops up...

2. Loud music warning... God I hate this... I know you can disable when rooted, was wondering if there is a way to disable without root

3. I work in a manufacturing plant so when I occasionally have no data connection the phone asks if I want to switch to global...I always select No and check Do not ask me again, but it never remembers my preference??

Any help is appreciated

[JTC ONE m8]

1. Go to WiFi in the settings app, click the menu button in the top right, click advanced, the first option is for open network notifications. Unchecked it.

2. I don't believe there is a way.

3. I'll look into it unless someone else knows.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
1. Go to WiFi in the settings app, click the menu button in the top right, click advanced, the first option is for open network notifications. Unchecked it.

2. I don't believe there is a way.

3. I'll look into it unless someone else knows.

I know about that one...already have it unchecked but I still get Open WiFi settings notifications
gygu5y3a.jpg

u6amese8.jpg

What do you mean by version, there's more than one?

My m8 is still less than 2 weeks old so I'm pretty sure I can exchange it no problem, think I should?

[JTC ONE m8]

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you fully rebooted your phone with fastboot disabled?

Do you have a carrier phone? Unlocked/off contract or Dev edition?

Mine is the at&t version.

Yes I turned off FB day one..

Standard carrier phone on verizon

[JTC ONE m8]

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not yet, I will... Do you think I should exchange it? It's less than 2 weeks old

[JTC ONE m8]

My personal opinion, no. Since I don't think that's cause to exchange it if I had those issues. But you may think differently. I'm sure there's a way to fix it. At the very most, a factory reset.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
My personal opinion, no. Since I don't think that's cause to exchange it if I had those issues. But you may think differently. I'm sure there's a way to fix it. At the very most, a factory reset.

Ok thanks for the help...

Btw, just wiped cache, no dice

[JTC ONE m8]

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
OK. Sorry I don't know much more than that. I'd say factory reset if it bothers you that much.

It's just weird, this is my 4th android phone and by far the best, but I never had issues in the past with settings not staying set. No biggie I guess, just a little annoying

[JTC ONE m8]

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's just weird, this is my 4th android phone and by far the best, but I never had issues in the past with settings not staying set. No biggie I guess, just a little annoying

[JTC ONE m8]

Yeah I understand. I'll try to look a little bit more into those issues.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow. Does that pop up when you turn off mobile data from the quick settings too?

Yup, really annoying.. why are there so many things I have that you don't? This phone would be perfect without these annoyances :(

[JTC ONE m8]

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, really annoying.. why are there so many things I have that you don't? This phone would be perfect without these annoyances :(

[JTC ONE m8]

Different carriers put different software tweaks in their phones.

You know what, does Verizon have some sort of WiFi manager app or any app that has to do with WiFi?