Quick charge 2.0

F8ker8

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody been able to find out where to buy this charger or if it's even available yet? I can't find anything..

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope they hurry up with this. Kind of dumb to release it with the capability but not give us the hardware :(.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, it does show 50% off, but they're out of stock. They could show as 90% off of they wanted. Hope it'll still be on sale when they get more in stock.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Just buy any charger with a 2Amp output.

Nevermind, I just found 2Amp was in QuickCharge1.0, while QuickCharge2.0 has a 3Amp output.

Sent from my HTC One M8

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, it does show 50% off, but they're out of stock. They could show as 90% off of they wanted. Hope it'll still be on sale when they get more in stock.

I actually was able to place my order, then received an email stating that it is back-ordered but at least I got the 50% off.
When they are available in stock, they will ship. :)

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! I just got confirmation that my order was shipped today.!!!..
Looking forward to testing the new rapid charger 2.0.....:D

F8ker8

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! I just got confirmation that my order was shipped today.!!!..
Looking forward to testing the new rapid charger 2.0.....:D

The Amazon reviews state that it's just the standard charger that comes with the HTC One m8...I just noticed that after it was purchased... i just received mine in the mail today but my lady won't let me open it because it's one of my stocking suffers... Fml

Posted via Android Central App

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Also purchased during this Tuesday's sale, also initially got the backorder message, also have since received the "shipped" message and expect to get it tomorrow. I thought it was pretty clear that it's the quick charger. Already have a third party mfr's quickcharger and with the right kernel, works very well on my M8. Will be mighty frosted if this new one isn't the real thing.

My name is Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine that I ordered from HTC will arrive today. I will post pics when i receive confirming 2.0 rapid charge...

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unless it is advertised specifically as Quick Charge 2.0, don't expect it to have that. Using terms like rapid charger, or quick charge (minus the 2.0 designation) are just marketing. I looked around on Amazon and all the HTC chargers were listed as the regular charger, nothing advertised as QC2.0. The ads may be misleading, but are not false when you get down to it and read the full description.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless it is advertised specifically as Quick Charge 2.0, don't expect it to have that. Using terms like rapid charger, or quick charge (minus the 2.0 designation) are just marketing. I looked around on Amazon and all the HTC chargers were listed as the regular charger, nothing advertised as QC2.0. The ads may be misleading, but are not false when you get down to it and read the full description.

It better be the real deal... It was advertised on the HTC site as Quick Charge 2.0 by Qualcom (or Rapid Charger as HTC calls it)......
I also saw a bunch of "quick charge" or "rapid charge" on Amazon, but they are only the standard 1.5A that comes with the M8.....

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It better be the real deal... It was advertised on the HTC site as Quick Charge 2.0 by Qualcom (or Rapid Charger as HTC calls it)......
I also saw a bunch of "quick charge" or "rapid charge" on Amazon, but they are only the standard 1.5A that comes with the M8.....

Since you didn't post a link to the one you specifically bought, I was speaking more in generalities based on what was available when I searched.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power