carrier blocking mms sending size?

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if you guys think it's on the carriers part or the way the videos get compressed. When I had and iPhone I could send a two min video no problem on the Verizon network. I switched to the m8 and started using the sms app textra. It has and option to switch the mms file size and you can select no limit for the size. But for what ever reason it won't send. Do you guys think it's the carrier blocking android devices from sending videos? Or does the iPhone have some built in video compressor that lets you send up to a two min video?

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if you guys think it's on the carriers part or the way the videos get compressed. When I had and iPhone I could send a two min video no problem on the Verizon network. I switched to the m8 and started using the sms app textra. It has and option to switch the mms file size and you can select no limit for the size. But for what ever reason it won't send. Do you guys think it's the carrier blocking android devices from sending videos? Or does the iPhone have some built in video compressor that lets you send up to a two min video?

Posted via Android Central App

Well the carriers do have limits. Were you sending videos with imessage on your iPhone?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Apple has nothing special on the phone for this, but used their own iMessage service to get around normal default limits. Best way is to send links to your videos that reside on dropbox (or wherever) to avoid MMS reductions. Alternatively, shoot the video directly from the SMS app and do not attach an existing video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21