power saving option?

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I could have sworn the m7 had a power saving option under the battery option in settings. For some reason it was left out on the m8?

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I could have sworn the m7 had a power saving option under the battery option in settings. For some reason it was left out on the m8?

Nope, it's there. The m8 has a regular power saver mode and an extreme power saver mode. They are under settings - battery manager

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Nope, it's there. The m8 has a regular power saver mode and an extreme power saver mode. They are under settings - battery manager

Verizon m8 nothing their for extreme power saving mode.

Attachments

• 4405.jpg
    4405.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 46

soshi89

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried checking your phone for a firmware update? If it's up to date, you could try going into [Settings > Apps > All > Settings] and select clear data.

mcal24

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried checking your phone for a firmware update? If it's up to date, you could try going into [Settings > Apps > All > Settings] and select clear data.

I also don't have any power saver mode. Must be a Verizon thing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I also don't have any power saver mode. Must be a Verizon thing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have Verizon as well and there's no battery saver mode at all (or even an "Apps" menu in settings, only App Manager to uninstall apps)

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I found out how to do it if interested. You would have to be rooted just for the power save options. For the extreme power save option you have to flash a custom recovery and install it that way. The regular power save option is still in the Verizon software but disabled for some reason you would have to down a sq editor and change the vault of two entries.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I found out how to do it if interested. You would have to be rooted just for the power save options. For the extreme power save option you have to flash a custom recovery and install it that way. The regular power save option is still in the Verizon software but disabled for some reason you would have to down a sq editor and change the vault of two entries.

I plan to put CleanROM on my M8, which I believe has both power-saving modes, but I've had the phone for less than 10 days and want to make sure no problems develop with it before I void my warranty. Thanks for the info, though!

I've honestly not found it necessary as it's gotten me through a full day and then some, so I doubt I would use it often. But it would be nice to know that it's there if I need it. With my old phone, there were times when I had to shut the phone off to save battery because I needed to make calls (or receive voice-mails/texts) and an option like this would have been preferable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci