Expandable Text Notifications

mcal24

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I used to have expandable text notifications on my Rom on my old phone, and thought this was a pretty common thing now. It would show the message text in the notification drawer the give me the option to reply, mark read, or call back without leaving the app I was in. There's no way to turn this on on the M8, is there? Isn't that big of a deal, but I found it extremely useful and it gets annoying having to open the message app just to reply an "ok" or something like that. Any way to do this?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I used to have expandable text notifications on my Rom on my old phone, and thought this was a pretty common thing now. It would show the message text in the notification drawer the give me the option to reply, mark read, or call back without leaving the app I was in. There's no way to turn this on on the M8, is there? Isn't that big of a deal, but I found it extremely useful and it gets annoying having to open the message app just to reply an "ok" or something like that. Any way to do this?

Can't do that on the stock messaging app.
Give this app a try https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.thinkleft.eightyeightsms.mms&token=6gGhmW_u

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mcal24

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. I don't like the look of this as much as the stock app, but worth it for the features. Still don't get why it's not an included feature in stock.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Oh I know. The first thing I do when I get a new phone is download a messaging app with that feature. My go to one is textra. It doesn't have the reply, read, and call actions, but if you just tap on the notification it pops up a quick reply. I've just found textra to be the quickest and most stable for me with the quick reply option.
I pointed you to that app cause I knew that's what you were looking for. I recommend trying textra too.

There's a lot of apps with the quick reply functionality however.

mcal24

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh I know. The first thing I do when I get a new phone is download a messaging app with that feature. My go to one is textra. It doesn't have the reply, read, and call actions, but if you just tap on the notification it pops up a quick reply. I've just found textra to be the quickest and most stable for me with the quick reply option.
I pointed you to that app cause I knew that's what you were looking for. I recommend trying textra too.

There's a lot of apps with the quick reply functionality however.

Thanks again, might have to try it out. I also really like the "read" option so I don't have to open the actual message to mark it read

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again, might have to try it out. I also really like the "read" option so I don't have to open the actual message to mark it read

With textra, if you just swipe away the notification, it'll be marked as read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12