Sad to say goodbye :/

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It's behavior like this that I left Apple for Android. Here is the simple fix. Have your iPhone friends delete your phone number from their contacts (it is now categorized as an "iPhone")) and have them re-enter it as a "mobile" number.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You guys aren't getting the point. I can't be mad and not go back and risk missing important messages and communication for work, etc. because the messages aren't going through. Believe me. I have a lot of pride and want to "show them" but it's irresponsible without a fix, even if it's their fault.

I have never used Apple or an iMessage in my life. I get work done and communicate with friends. Why do you need iMesage? Just tell everyone to test you normally.

You've got an iProblem and the iSolution is to get the iHeck out of there.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It's behavior like this that I left Apple for Android. Here is the simple fix. Have your iPhone friends delete your phone number from their contacts (it is now categorized as an "iPhone")) and have them re-enter it as a "mobile" number.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think his big problem is that it's not just friends, it's clients that he is not friends with that would not be able to get in touch with him via text. I don't think it would be feasible, or professional, to ask clients to alter their phones to accommodate you in most cases.

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go :(

We're sad to see you go! :( Hopefully you can sort it out soon and come back to the android fam <3

Knightflt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
i have went from iphone to galaxy s5 no issues but the dude at the store told me he was going to give me a new sim card with the same phone number so i wouldn't have that issue i know my sister put the sim in from here iphone and was not receiving sms i told here to go get a new sim and activate it with the same number and problem solved for her if that makes any sense

crpmp007

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if you went back yet, but I can tell you what does it for me is log into your iCloud account , find that iPhone and remove it. Also go to any other apple devices you have that are using iMessage (I have all apple products), and make sure you have your number removed from iMessage use. My iPad was the last thing that messed me up, because it was still using my number for iMessage instead of my iCloud account. Hope this helps... Worked for me.

Last edited:

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple messed you over with the imessages crap and now you're going to support them again? Shame. I'll refrain from saying what I think.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ditch all your friends who have Apple products! Pretty easy workaround!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The easy fix, (the one that solved the issue for me anyway), is to have all iOS users edit their iMessage settings to this:
imessage_as_sms_mms.png

Make sure that "Send as SMS when iMessage is not available" is "ON".

I had this issue its a simple fix, the people that text under iMessage have turn off iMessage setting on their phone. They only have to text you once it switches to sms. Thereafter you can text them back and stays sms, they can later turn on iMessage and it won't effect your settings.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I understand the OP's issue, of course. You don't want to have to ask many clients to change contact details and settings, and some you won't be in touch with regularly. Why should you have to.
I thought I saw there was a workaround for this in older threads. So the good contributions here will hopefully work, if it's not already too late.

If it is this serious, and one or two Note 3 owners have done the same switcharoo recently, surely the onus is on the carrier or the store to warn iPhone jumpers before buying.

Lets see how that suit goes.
Do you have legal firms in America?:D

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the m8 but am sort of being forced to go back to my iPhone. Even after doing everything I could do to receive messages from people that used to iMessage me, they wouldn't go through.

I can't risk missing out on important communication. Apple sucked me in and won't let me go :(

Do not let them win, threaten suit if you need to. There is no way anything is ALLOWED to take 45 days, CERN can dredge 80TB from its tape libraries and have the data on your doorstep in two weeks. If Apple cannot manage itself with two clicks and a propagated database update, they need to be publicly embarrassed until they list some new job openings for database and/or distributed computing engineers. Capische?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have never used Apple or an iMessage in my life. I get work done and communicate with friends. Why do you need iMesage? Just tell everyone to test you normally.

You've got an iProblem and the iSolution is to get the iHeck out of there.

You clearly aren't understanding. I don't need iMessage. I need to be able to read the messages that people are sending me that are getting lost in apples servers.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Sigh. I might just say to hell with it and go back to best buy and get the gold m8. I'm really missing it right now typing on my tiny 5s. I'm a 6'4 dude!

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I know this will take a bit more work but just have your number changed with your provider . No way would I ever give my Money to anyone that doesn't put me 1st .

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You could, as a really dirty fix do a few extreme routes.

1) Call, ask for a higher up, and tell them you're suing...
2) If you have a Mac, install a remote desktop program, and use that to remotely view your Messages window
3) Carry the iPhone as a backup, badmouth it every chance you get, tell Apple you're going to do this, and if you have tethering on your M8, just tether the iPhone so you still get messages
4) Sue.

cevmkv

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am switching from an iphone5 to the M8 on Tuesday and in preparation I have already disabled imessage and called apple to make sure they removed my number from imessage on their side. The rep texted me a code and I had to read it back to her. She said, "ok I removed you from the system, it can take 24-48 hours to fully remove you". This was last night and I am already finding out that people can text me from an iphone. Keep in mind, I am still on an iphone, but with imessage turned off, so it should still have the same effect as if i was on the M8. I had a few people I know test text me with their iphones and it still attempts to send via imessage then when it wont go through it asks to send as a text. Everything seems to be working fine...

Hopefully I have sorted this problem out before I switch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol