Scratch on screen

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
so long story short, some might remember my story about dropping my new m8 out of the bag, as I walked out of the store, creating several small dimples on the back. the screen had a small area on the bottom left, where it looked to be unglued from screen glass.
I sent it in, HTC sent me a new replacement, which has a tiny 1/8 " scratch in the center of the screen. you can feel it with your fingernail, but can only see when screen is off.
should I suck it up and keep it, or send it back for another replacement?
would a tempered glass screen protector make it not visible? I have one on order....

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you got into a car accident, would you be ok if the body shop put a scratch on your door after you paid for the repair?

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Send it back. I would deal with some cosmetic issues or even a scratch or 2 if it was not on the most used part of the phone. I couldn't look at that everyday and not be aggravated. Other option.. HTC Advantage unless that is what you used to have it replaced.

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
so long story short, some might remember my story about dropping my new m8 out of the bag, as I walked out of the store, creating several small dimples on the back. the screen had a small area on the bottom left, where it looked to be unglued from screen glass.
I sent it in, HTC sent me a new replacement, which has a tiny 1/8 " scratch in the center of the screen. you can feel it with your fingernail, but can only see when screen is off.
should I suck it up and keep it, or send it back for another replacement?
would a tempered glass screen protector make it not visible? I have one on order....

I would send it back. Why settle for less? And you seem like you want to take good care of it....just an unfortunate accident but I would send it back in.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Still awaiting inspection after 5 days of my old one. have to wait for it to clear, then call htc again to reswap it out. they documented it last week,noting it had a scratch. should be an easy re-swap

stlrfan78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So my original m8 passed HTC exchange, the replacement with scratched screen goes back Friday or Monday. New one on the way!

Posted via Android Central App

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Still awaiting inspection after 5 days of my old one. have to wait for it to clear, then call htc again to reswap it out. they documented it last week,noting it had a scratch. should be an easy re-swap

Do you know if HTC checks for unlocked and s off??

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Does HTC check if you are s off and unlocked??

When I sent my phone in for the lens replacement I was unlocked and S-off. I'm in Verizon too, who took away the ability to unlock in the first place.. they fixed it free.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When I sent my phone in for the lens replacement I was unlocked and S-off. I'm in Verizon too, who took away the ability to unlock in the first place.. they fixed it free.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I want to do the advanced exchange where I can get the phone over nighted

stlrfan78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine was advanced exchange, overnighted, they waved the $29 fee, since my first replacement was scratched. 2nd one wrapped just like a new one, that's why I think my first one was a refurbished one. This one got a tempered glass screen protector and case on it before I set it up.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante