Various texting issues (vzn)

jam3s121

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month and its been really good but lately I am noticing that even with a strong 3g or 4g signal I am getting some messages, at least 1 out of 10 not sending very quickly.. like its taking 2-3minutes. I am also getting the error message saying "general errors" or sms errors try again. This is happening with I know I have a 3g signal or 4g signal, like a strong 3 bar signal nothing bad.

Also occassionly when sending picture messages to my girlfriend or other friends they are reporting to me that they are unable to see any image and typically it gives them a text saying that something along the lines of image is not compatible and cannot be recieved.

I really don't want to bother using hangouts or handsent or any other text app, I like the default one but wtf gives?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind SMS is sent over the voice signal, not the data signal. So you can be on the new XLTE band, have a not so great voice signal, and the SMS will still have a problem going through.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month and its been really good but lately I am noticing that even with a strong 3g or 4g signal I am getting some messages, at least 1 out of 10 not sending very quickly.. like its taking 2-3minutes. I am also getting the error message saying "general errors" or sms errors try again. This is happening with I know I have a 3g signal or 4g signal, like a strong 3 bar signal nothing bad.

Also occassionly when sending picture messages to my girlfriend or other friends they are reporting to me that they are unable to see any image and typically it gives them a text saying that something along the lines of image is not compatible and cannot be recieved.

I really don't want to bother using hangouts or handsent or any other text app, I like the default one but wtf gives?

I actually had the same problem the other day. People I was texting said my messages were being sent multiple times as well. I restarted the phone and it's working 100% fine again. I'm on VZW as well, so give the phone a reboot and see if that fixes the issue. My texts send instantly now.

jam3s121

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten the issue with sending pictures less, but its still happening perdiocally where my messages are not sending even though it appears I have a signal. Unless being connected to wi-fi or something is conflicting I'm not sure whats up...

Ever smartphone I've had has gone downhill since my first Samsung Galaxy Fascinate (S1) in terms of reception/signal strength where I live, that phone worked perfectly in ever room until the baseband got updated somehow.. but my last phone and this phone barely get coverage in my ground level rooms in my parents home.. plenty of coverage upstairs but thats not where my room is, nor my tv, or my computer. And this is happening where I work too when I typically have a 3bar 4G signal.. why wouldn't i have voice signal

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten the issue with sending pictures less, but its still happening perdiocally where my messages are not sending even though it appears I have a signal. Unless being connected to wi-fi or something is conflicting I'm not sure whats up...

Ever smartphone I've had has gone downhill since my first Samsung Galaxy Fascinate (S1) in terms of reception/signal strength where I live, that phone worked perfectly in ever room until the baseband got updated somehow.. but my last phone and this phone barely get coverage in my ground level rooms in my parents home.. plenty of coverage upstairs but thats not where my room is, nor my tv, or my computer. And this is happening where I work too when I typically have a 3bar 4G signal.. why wouldn't i have voice signal

Please try restarting the phone. I had this exact issue and restarting it fixed it immediately.