Mac OS X

Any issues Syncing your M8 on Mac

• Total voters

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Just curious to know how many Mac OS X users are experiencing problems having their computer recognize their M8. Currently my Macbook Pro doesn't recognize my M8 on the finder which limits utilizing the internal memory, it does however recognize to install HTC Sync Manager which is absolutely rubbish.

At one point HTC Sync Manager was the only way to sync my computer to my M8 but I was limited in transferring only MP3 files, for whatever reason it would not transfer Flac audio files. Currently it tries to sync but upon initial syncing process my phone doesn't load any info to Sync Manager and sends an error message, somewhere along the lines of 'your device Sync Manager needs to update' which I just did when I bought the phone 5 days ago.

Please post if you're experiencing any issue and feel free to post what version OS you're running, if you never had any issue I am sure other Mac OS will find your post resourceful. Thanks

Sincerely,
#FirstWorldProblems

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Macs won't recognize android phones outside of special software. Really unfortunate, but it hasn't been a big deal to me since my Mac is only of of three main computers, the other two are windows machines. #RidicuouslyFirstWorldSolutions

I can tell you I found a custom software free solution to transferring some files though last night. The power had gone out in my house and I decided to set up tethering with pdanet on my macbook since they make surprisingly good LED lamps on full brightness. It required transferring the installation file to the Mac. Couldn't use a transfer via USB, and obviously couldn't use internet reliant methods.
I used Bluetooth. It's possible not only to send individual files but to mount your phone via Bluetooth as an FTP server and effectively treat it as it would be if you had mounted via USB. I can't remember the transfer speed, but its worth a try.

Sent from my HTC One M8

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Samsung was way easier to transfer files with Kies, I only had my Notebook 3 for a month though so I didn't really dig my hands in to it but I experience no issues transferring files. I have transferred files via bluetooth and it travels between 30-40 kbs, I may just have to run bootcamp. I was hoping on finding a easier solution but thanks for your response. #obviousnoobisobvious

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow, somewhat unrelated but I was deciding between Windows and OSX for a college computer. If OSX can't handle Android phones well, then Windows it is!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Samsung was way easier to transfer files with Kies, I only had my Notebook 3 for a month though so I didn't really dig my hands in to it but I experience no issues transferring files. I have transferred files via bluetooth and it travels between 30-40 kbs, I may just have to run bootcamp. I was hoping on finding a easier solution but thanks for your response. #obviousnoobisobvious

There's also Parallels to consider, I'm pretty sure it would work for this. However it is a pricey bit of software, especially if this is the only thing you need it for.

Sent from my HTC One M8

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Aaaand spoke too soon. Download Android File Transfer. Little free program direct from the nice folks at Android that let's us do just what we need here. Little heads up, it seemed to require restarting the Mac after installing it before it'll see your phone.

Sent from my HTC One M8

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Wow, somewhat unrelated but I was deciding between Windows and OSX for a college computer. If OSX can't handle Android phones well, then Windows it is!

Don't get discouraged try them out for yourself. I have used Windows for many years before converting to Mac OS and I love it despise the having some minor challenges.

There's also Parallels to consider, I'm pretty sure it would work for this. However it is a pricey bit of software, especially if this is the only thing you need it for.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Yea, I may find multiple uses for it, I will see what I can do for bootcamp... If not parallels it is.

Aaaand spoke too soon. Download Android File Transfer. Little free program direct from the nice folks at Android that let's us do just what we need here. Little heads up, it seemed to require restarting the Mac after installing it before it'll see your phone.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Android file transfer can't detect my phone but I am sure I will find a solution one way or another

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Android file transfer can't detect my phone but I am sure I will find a solution one way or another

Did you do the restart after installing it plus have your phone in USB debugging + MTP + option to mount as external storage?
Might not all be necessary other than restarting your computer, but it doesn't hurt your chances of getting it to work.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Don't get discouraged try them out for yourself. I have used Windows for many years before converting to Mac OS and I love it despise the having some minor challenges.

The only thing is that I want to be able to get used to either Linux or OSX over the summer, and I won't be able to purchase OSX until the fall since that's the only time they have bonus sales on top of their student discounts whereas Lenovo or Dell pricing is negotiable and I can lower the price down to less than half the cost of Apple right now while still having time to acquaint myself with Linux.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE