Google Play Music Not Syncing Over WiFi

dw_mpg

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my HTC One M8 and Google Play Music. I subscribe to their service and have always downloaded music for offline listening via the Google Play Music app (via WiFi only).

My phone is about a month and a half old, and everything worked fine for the first couple of weeks. Then syncing problems came. This actually included gmail, calendar, facebook, etc. I wound up doing a full factory reset, and most of the other services are working fine now.

However, Google Play Music doesn't seem to know that I'm connected to WiFi, even though I am and all other apps/internet are working. Because of this, it will not sync or even stream music (as i've selected WiFi only).

Is anyone else experiencing this? AT&T told me just to wait for the next big update, but I'm not sure that's going to solve anything. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared chache's, etc...

help!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is to check the my devices list (see below). If you have to many it won't let you add more to do syncs for music and such.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1402525397126.jpg
    1402525397126.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 61

banksquiat

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the M7 and I'm having the same trouble

I recently got the big update but it didn't help anything

I removed two of the four devices I had connected with google music, restarted my device, no avail.

dw_mpg

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've checked the list of devices, I'm within the limit and even cleaned up a couple of old ones which were there. Still nothing.

It's weird, when I un-check "stream via wifi only", my albums show up and I can play them. But when that is checked, everything shows as faded and I can't play anything. So something seems to think I'm not connected to WiFi when I am, and all other apps work accordingly.

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, just started last couple of days and I can now only use it without wifi which means I can't pin my music to the phone either, really frustrating and I can't see a way of contacting Google about this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've checked the list of devices, I'm within the limit and even cleaned up a couple of old ones which were there. Still nothing.

It's weird, when I un-check "stream via wifi only", my albums show up and I can play them. But when that is checked, everything shows as faded and I can't play anything. So something seems to think I'm not connected to WiFi when I am, and all other apps work accordingly.

Hm sounds like a bug with the app then. I'd contact Google to bring it to their attention!

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm on the M7, had the same problem. i was also having a problem with Auto Backup.

i tried this to fix auto backup:

1. remove incorrect 'mobile hotspot' checks on your regular wifi connections
2. switch autobackup to 'wifi only'
3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on
6. turn autobackup back on

now my music is working just fine. so . . . who knows. give it a shot.

pejorative

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't follow step 1 and not quite sure what auto backup is or where it has settings. I'm having the same problems with multiple apps not recognizing that a WiFi connection exists. Although if I untick the box on WiFi only in play and disable mobile data, it downloads over the WiFi network. Strange bug.
i'm on the M7, had the same problem. i was also having a problem with Auto Backup.

i tried this to fix auto backup:

1. remove incorrect 'mobile hotspot' checks on your regular wifi connections
2. switch autobackup to 'wifi only'
3. turn off autobackup
4. turn wifi off
5. turn wifi back on
6. turn autobackup back on

now my music is working just fine. so . . . who knows. give it a shot.

Griffin Walter

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you can try this, I have seen this issue before.
Go to settings->power -> disable extreme power saving mode,
Try this to see , it's ok or not.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I switched from a Galaxy S5 to the MI yesterday. My Beats app is doing what your Google Play is. I can't see any of my songs in offline mode but in offline mode I can see my Playlist? Weird.

Posted via Android Central App

eggjz

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you can try this, I have seen this issue before.
Go to settings->power -> disable extreme power saving mode,
Try this to see , it's ok or not.

I didn't have Extreme Power Saving Mode on but I tried turning it on and then turning it back off. It totally fixed the problem.

Donald Soto

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have M7. If I uncheck "download via WiFi only" then it syncs over WiFi. Is like Google Play music doesn't realize is on WiFi.

Donald Soto

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an"extreme power" setting in HTC m7 so I couldn't fix my issue. The only thing that will allow pinning my music is inching unchecking "download via WiFi only"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an"extreme power" setting in HTC m7 so I couldn't fix my issue. The only thing that will allow pinning my music is inching unchecking "download via WiFi only"

You need that latest software update then

I'm pretty sure the ultra power save is only for the M8... He said he had the M7. I know the M7 got the new sense but I don't think the power save went over.. Could be wrong though.

fuzzysteve

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have a M7 with Sense 6 and no extreme power setting

I have been banging my head against a wall since sense 6 was installed and you all pointed me in the right direction. I have an M7 and can confirm that it DOES have the extreme power setting. Go into settings and scroll down to power. Once there it should be the second option. Turn it ON and then back off. All of a sudden my music is streaming again! I can also confirm that photo is working as well.

I don't know if this is a permanent solution but it will work till there is an update. I have been in contact with Google support and they are aware of the issue and are working with HTC to fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae