Can You Turn Off Triple Tap To Wake Feature?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It's double tap, not triple, but yes. The caveat is that if you disable that you're also disabling all other gestures that will turn on the screen. But if that's what you want you can go into settings > display and gestures > motion launch gestures > and uncheck motion launch gestures.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought about turning it off too because I kept tapping/swiping the screen on when putting it in my pocket. Then I figured out it doesn't respond to those when the proximity sensor is blocked. So I decided to leave it on and just make sure I cover the proximity sensor (located inside the black rectangle beside the front facing camera) with my thumb when slipping it in my pocket.

Perhaps that work around would help you too while still allowing gestures in other apps if you want.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea I had to disable all of the motion launch controls. Disappointing really that you can't choose which ones to keep active or not. I kept unlocking my phone and pressing stuff before I could ever get it out of my pocket. If I could just keep tap to wake and not the swipe ones that would be great. It's almost impossible to grab the phone from your pocket without touching the screen and it registering as a swipe.

Posted via Android Central App

soshi89

May 20, 2014
Visit site
What I didn't like was that while it was in your pocket and you're walking a long, your phone will unlock and start opening up apps etc :(. Kept it the old fashion way and use the magic button :p

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What I didn't like was that while it was in your pocket and you're walking a long, your phone will unlock and start opening up apps etc :(. Kept it the old fashion way and use the magic button :p

Are you sure you're not pressing the power button when bending over and such? I've done that with several phones in my pocket, but I don't think I've yet to have the knock on happen in my pocket. Test it by covering the proximity sensor with the screen off, and then double tapping the screen. It shouldn't wake up. If it's not, then it's not the gesture waking it in your pocket. If it does, not sure how to help, as it doesn't seem to be an option on mine to enable/disable in pocket detection. I can enable it so it rings louder when in a pocket, but that doesn't appear to affect the gesture controls.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Same here, happens a lot actually..thinking about disabling this feature...:(

[JTC ONE m8]

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

That tends to happen often as well.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
If Yes how? I'm getting annoyed by it. Thanks in advance.

I don't think tapping is the issue. It's the *swipe up* gesture. At least to me it is...

I have had the same exact issue. Phone kept getting unlocked in pocket. To fix this, I went into settings and turned off the swipe up gesture.

For additional layer of "protection" I added pattern lock.

Hope this helps

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
You can turn off the Motion Launch Gestures, and that will eliminate the problem.

Here is how...

Settings >>>> Display & gestures >>>> Motion Launch gestures >>>> (uncheck the first option) Motion Launch gestures

3u5ajusy.jpg

gazu8yze.jpg

eze3y6am.jpg

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy