Hands free voice app?

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a real working app to use for voice actions, especially texts? I have to exchange texts as I drive, and I cannot find anything that works like Siri/iPhone.

On the iPhone, you can send AND hear texts easily:
-find the physical home button by feel and hold it for 2 seconds
-Ask Siri if there are any new messages, she reads them

The whole exchange can be done hands and eyes free and it works even if the screen is locked with a pin.

On the One, you have to turn on the phone first. Fortunately easy by double tapping the screen. But next, the pin code has to be entered and phone unlocked. Then, I have to find Google Now, and realize it won't read text messages back.

3rd party apps like Robin would do it, but they don't work with car Bluetooth. Those also require looking at the screen to find and launch the app. Worse, when connected to car Bluetooth, the internal Mic is disabled so voice functionality doesn't work at all.

I really don't want to go back to iPhone, but this is really starting to be an issue.

Surely there is some app that allows for hands free, eyes free texting via Bluetooth?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Knightflt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
i use a little app called headphone sms it basically is for just reading the text i set it up so it will read the senders name and full text when im on bluetooth only automatically... i don't have a car bluetooth but i use a jawbone era i don't have to touch my phone looking for the home button at all while driving i just tap jawbone and say "message john doe or the number than the message" and it will ask if i want to send or cancel that's it... it actually works better than siri and no looking for home button. But the jawbone era is designed to work with siri or google flawlessly

Last edited:

Knightflt

May 19, 2014
Visit site
exactly!! here in Canada well where i am anyways distracted driving is a fine of $175 and its funny cuz i was just driving around the other day with the chief of police here in our city and we were talking about that very thing i said i think the fine should be $1000 because some people are idiots he totally agreed as he sees the other side of it.
i hate even looking at my phone in the car that is why my bluetooth is set up to read things to me... texts,google, maps email who its from, and that is pretty well it I can reply to a text just by voice without touching or looking at the phone but rarely do as its really not that important and really the biggest offenders are the people who can't chew gum and drive let alone be texting
i was driving down the freeway the other day doing about 120k and a woman went by me she was driving and reading a hard covered novel where was a cop than when i needed one lol

Last edited:

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at Car app that came with the phone but it seems so limited, you can't just turn it on like you can with Samsung Galaxy phones, it seems you have to engage a function and then the settings take hold. I haven't tried it, I like the Samsung one, it would respond to calls and texts that I was driving automatically, it was called Driving Mode. Why can't HTC come up with something similar?

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Is Dragon Mobil Assistant still available? I Can't find it in the google play store. The link provided above still works. But It doesn't show up on Google Play store on my phone.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Is Dragon Mobil Assistant still available? I Can't find it in the google play store. The link provided above still works. But It doesn't show up on Google Play store on my phone.
If you are signed into the play store on your computer you can just install from there. If you have multiple phones on your account it will ask you which one you want to install on.

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
If you are signed into the play store on your computer you can just install from there. If you have multiple phones on your account it will ask you which one you want to install on.

Unfortunately Google Play says it's not available in my country! Looks like my wife and I will be returning our Z3's for S5's for the S voice features. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan