06-01-2019 12:52 PM
62 123
tools
    hi, I got the htc one m8 on Saturday and have been using it fine. BUT I did the upgrade yesterday morning and since then the sound control on my beats headphones doesn't work (but the pause button does) and also, when I hook it up to my car stereo (iphone 4s to android audio adapter) the sound only comes out of the device. any ideas when the next sw update will be?? I have until 8 November to change my phone so I might go with the Samsung s5 as there was no issue when I tried my mates phone in the car. thanks
    10-30-2014 10:50 AM
    TTY MODE

Turn it off … i just did …. and my headset is recognized

11-01-2014 11:06 AM
    Tried it but it didn't work
    11-10-2014 12:55 AM
    try "soundabot" app from play stor
    11-17-2014 09:22 AM
    TTY MODE

Turn it off … i just did …. and my headset is recognized
    where do you do that at ?
    Ok. Everybody I think I have a solution. At least it worked for my phone. 1. Power off phone. 2. Go into phone menu by pressing n holding vol down and power 3. Once menu comes up pick recover and press power button 4. Once the pic of a phone with a triangle with a ! In the middle comes up hold vol up button and press the power button. 5. This should bring a blue menu up. Choose wipe complete cache. Pick that. The same menu will pop up and then pick reboot. I did this and my headphone jack is back to working. Hope it works for everybody
    11-19-2014 04:23 PM
    I've found a solution, at least on htc one m7: turn off a beats audio. I have a switcher in the settings (in main menu) after that phone will recognize headphones and if you want you can turn this option ON again.
    11-22-2014 09:43 AM
    Seems stupid and weird and probably it's only my case, because I'm very retarded, but try to close the "car" app. You will have to enter into the app as it doesn't appear as running in the apps menu.

You will not only recover the headphones connectivity but also the block screen rotation option.

It is a clear android bug that hopefully will be fixed with lollypop.
    01-07-2015 12:33 PM
    I was also having the issue where the One M8 was not recognising my headset which is a HyperX Cloud 2. After doing some fiddling, I found out that the phone would only not recognise the headset with the mic detached from the earcup. Once I plugged the microphone back in everything works fine.

So, this may may be the case for people using headsets with detachable mics. For people using earbuds with an inline mic I would suspect that that the microphone circuit has become severed in some way. Also, this would only apply to people using TRRS 3.5mm plugs as they are the type that include the microphone capability.

For regular headphone/earbud users there is some other software or hardware issue.
    PaulRS90 likes this.
    02-22-2015 03:10 PM
    Thanks for this tip. I had the same issue with my HTC One M7 + Kingston HyperX Cloud headset. As soon as I inserted the microphone, the headset was recognized and works fine.
    I could also force it to work without microphone attached, via the Soundabout app (although it doesn't display the headset top-icon when using this forced method).
    03-03-2015 09:24 AM
    Just got the hyperx cloud 2 and was a little annoyed that they wouldn't work with my phone but plugging the mic in has worked a treat. Thank you!
    03-06-2015 05:25 PM
    I have a follow up to this issue. I was still having problems with this even after doing the CDMA solution. I just chatted with an HTC support tech about the issue. He had me clear the phone cache and that seems to have cleared up the issue. Here are the steps he had me do:
    make sure fast boot is turned off (settings > power >)
    power off the phone
    hold volume-down and power at the same time
    when the menu comes up, use the volume buttons to select 'recovery', and select it with the power key
    it will reboot, when the red triangle appears, hold volume-up and press the power key once without releasing the volume up key
    when the next menu comes up, select wipe cache partition, select it with the power key
    when the process is complete, highlight 'reboot' and use power key to select it.
    the phone will reboot, and the headphone jack should work better

My volumes are better, although not entirely balanced. Seems like about 40% left/60% right. He had me try it in safe mode as well, but that did not seem to make it any better. The only other option was to do a complete factory reset, which I did not want to do. I'm ok with the 40/60 split.
    Good luck!
    -vb.
    I have the same problem, tried this and it doesn't work but it works with that SoundAbout app.What can I do to permanently fix this ? I don't want to buy that app in order to use my headphones, WTF HTC ?
    03-08-2015 11:13 AM
    Same problem, ****n sucks

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2015 11:42 AM
    I just did this and it worked a charm.
    this also worked for me thank u
    03-14-2015 03:40 PM
    I have the same problem with my speakers. They work on my PC, old mobile etc. except on my phone. They work on my phone earlier. The thing is they've stopped working on devices with audio output recognition. The above fixes didn't work either. Could I cut the jack and replace it with the one of my old earphones which are recognizable on my device?
    03-16-2015 09:44 AM
    suddenly my headphone stopped working and after a while my phone cant recognize the headphones and it is showing that the headphone is not plugged in...i have re started my phone but no use what do i do now??
    05-08-2015 02:24 PM
    I'm trying to play my music
    Through my skull Candy's but it keeps play my speakers. I tryed them in my other phone and the music still played through the speakers? Is their any way to make them play through my phones?
    05-11-2015 07:41 PM
    Ya I called htc n they sent me a new pair of headphones

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 08:26 PM
    I just received my Sony MDR-EX650 and won't work with my HTC one m8. Funny thing is these earphones work with every other device including nexus 7 tablet, iphone, laptop... When I hold down button on the earphone, my phone recognises the headphone is plugged in - but once i let go it thinks headphone is not plugged in..

So i think it's a software issue - has anyone found a solution to this?

Also, I have a few other headphones and they all work fine on my HTC.. just the new sony pair doesn't work..
    06-14-2015 07:59 AM
    Stupid solution, but it actually works 100% of the time:
    1. Stick the headphones jack all the way
    2. Immediately pull it out just a bit (you will feel just how much you have to pull)
    3. Push it back, all the way
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times, until the headphones icon is displayed in the notification area

This is probably how rape feels, but hey, the music is singing!
    06-25-2015 04:51 PM
    Wow. Seems like I am not the only having challenges with my HTC ear phones. Interestingly it was doing a whole lot of software updates at the time. The supplied HTC ear phones HTC One M8 had worked fine and wow what a great sound beforehand! Better than my iPod! Anyway was unable to use said headphones all the way to work....got home researched the glitch.

Thank you for the posters that have advised installing the SoundAbout music app. Now all my music players NOW work and what an incredible stereo hard smackin bass HTC. Just can't understand why they are so low on the radar for smart phone buyers. HTC are still the best! Only gripe is having to pay 4 dollars for the SoundAbout app when trial runs out. HTC should pay for this since its obviously a bug. Otherwise HTC One M8 is equal to or better than the Apple 6 any day especially with its slick amber gold finish:-).

Hi there mate!
    Install SoundAbout app off Play store. Make sure the setting is set to with earphones when you want this (in settings). It is only a trial so you will have to pay a few dollars for the full version. Then all your installed music players will work and you will think you are listening to Dolby..unreal sound

Lazy aren't they! Its obviously a bug. All you needed to do was to download the SoundAbout app...oh well..the headphones are funky in design;-)
    09-02-2015 09:35 AM
    It's a glitch with the software. The only solution I have found is to download an app called Soundabout. Configure the settings and you can go back to listening to music.
    09-16-2015 09:46 PM
    Hi, i had the same problem. My phone won't reconize my headphone.

I tried to clear the cache (explained in previous post) but it didn't worked.

I noticed that, my micro-usb was full of dust. (I own my phone since a year).
    I took a needle and remove all the compressed dust in the plug.

I did the same in the jack plug and i removed also a lot of dust.

Plugged my headphones, worked directly.

So maybe it's not a software problem, just the dust blocking the headphone from working correctly.
    09-24-2015 04:34 AM
    holy **** this worked lol. i didn't expect that it would work lololol
    10-20-2015 08:26 PM
    Hey I've had the same issue. If you have cleaned it out with compressed air and it still doesn't work, try the SoundAbout app. It worked for me. Now I'm trying to figure out what is causing the issue.
    I started having the same problem with my headphones, my Urbanears Zinken headphones won't be recognized while my HTC earplugs which came with my device works fine, my headphones works fine with everything else (computer and other mobile devices.) I bought the headphones 2 weeks ago, and I was really enjoying the music (with BoomSound turned off, seems the clarity decreases with BoomSound on to me.)
    so I would like to know how to fix this..
    please help. =(
    Wanted to let you all know that the soundabout app worked long a charm for me. Use it. I went media audio on the main page and messed around and had to change the settings to dock(analog). Fixed it immediately. Thank you guys for the suggestion.
    11-24-2015 02:57 AM
    Having exact same issue. FM radio app will not turn on unless headphones are plugged in. But when I plug them in, it plays from the speaker, not the phones. SoundAbout did NOT work. The above cache reset did NOT work. My unit is HTC One:

Android 5.0.2
    HTC Sense 6.0
    HTC SDK API 6.55
    Build Number 7.23.502.4 CL502785 release-keys

Help! How can I get through the day without my tunes???
    12-01-2015 07:53 AM
62 123