06-01-2019 12:52 PM
66 123
tools
    holy **** this worked lol. i didn't expect that it would work lololol
    10-20-2015 08:26 PM
    Hey I've had the same issue. If you have cleaned it out with compressed air and it still doesn't work, try the SoundAbout app. It worked for me. Now I'm trying to figure out what is causing the issue.
    I started having the same problem with my headphones, my Urbanears Zinken headphones won't be recognized while my HTC earplugs which came with my device works fine, my headphones works fine with everything else (computer and other mobile devices.) I bought the headphones 2 weeks ago, and I was really enjoying the music (with BoomSound turned off, seems the clarity decreases with BoomSound on to me.)
    so I would like to know how to fix this..
    please help. =(
    Wanted to let you all know that the soundabout app worked long a charm for me. Use it. I went media audio on the main page and messed around and had to change the settings to dock(analog). Fixed it immediately. Thank you guys for the suggestion.
    11-24-2015 02:57 AM
    Having exact same issue. FM radio app will not turn on unless headphones are plugged in. But when I plug them in, it plays from the speaker, not the phones. SoundAbout did NOT work. The above cache reset did NOT work. My unit is HTC One:

Android 5.0.2
    HTC Sense 6.0
    HTC SDK API 6.55
    Build Number 7.23.502.4 CL502785 release-keys

Help! How can I get through the day without my tunes???
    12-01-2015 07:53 AM
    Having exact same issue. FM radio app will not turn on unless headphones are plugged in. But when I plug them in, it plays from the speaker, not the phones. SoundAbout did NOT work. The above cache reset did NOT work. My unit is HTC One:

Android 5.0.2
    HTC Sense 6.0
    HTC SDK API 6.55
    Build Number 7.23.502.4 CL502785 release-keys

Help! How can I get through the day without my tunes???
    Have you tried blowing out the headphone socket with compressed air. As dust and pocket lint might be the problem
    12-03-2015 04:18 AM
    My earphones work fine with other devices but once I plug it into my phone there is no recognition of the earphones. It doesn't show as earphones plugged in. It was working perfectly fine and then my music just stopped playing so what should I do?
    01-29-2016 06:44 AM
    Hade phone plug not saport.
    04-08-2016 11:21 AM
    Stupid solution, but it actually works 100% of the time:
    1. Stick the headphones jack all the way
    2. Immediately pull it out just a bit (you will feel just how much you have to pull)
    3. Push it back, all the way
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times, until the headphones icon is displayed in the notification area

This is probably how rape feels, but hey, the music is singing!
    Worked for me! Really strange... Thank you!!
    05-09-2016 01:44 AM
    Though I don't have any real solution I thought i would add my experience with this as well.

Yesterday, my headphones(the HTC pair that came with the phone) were working fine in the morning. Then I left the phone alone for a while with the headphones plugged in but with nothing playing and when I came back to it a few hours later the headphones were no longer recognized as being plugged in by the phone and audio was coming out of the phone speakers.
    In keeping with what others are saying, the HTC headphones still work fine with other devices and all the other headphones I have work fine with the HTC One. But the specific pairing of HTC headphones with HTC phone does not work. I am wondering if it has something to do with them being the pair plugged in at the time of an update though I can't be sure if any update occurred during the time I was not using my phone.

As recommended above using the Soundabout app to force media output to the headphones does work, though the in-line remote does not, so I am certain it is a software issue and I am going to hope that HTC releases a fix for it soon.
    This is genius! Thanks a lot you saved me man
    06-15-2016 09:02 AM
    2. Immediately pull it out just a bit (you will feel just how much you have to pull)
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 a couple of times, until the headphones icon is displayed in the notification area

I joined the forum just to say thank you for the simple solution. I almost didn't want to try it because it might cause more damage but then I just said f it, it's already broken. Thanks.
    06-17-2016 04:48 PM
    One minute my phone was playing music fine, then the phone stopped recognizing my headphones. I've tried cleaning out the headphone jack but that did not work. It happened before and after a day of cleaning it out to no avail, I restarted the phone and the phone started recognizing the headphones. I tried it this time but nothing happened. The music just plays through the speakers. I have the Harmon Kardon Edition with the stock Harmon Kardon Headphones.
    Have you figured out why it is not working? Mine was working fine the other day and now it stopped. It just plays though the speakers. I have a HTC desire eye. With Ifrogz ear buds.
    06-23-2016 09:48 PM
    Have you figured out why it is not working? Mine was working fine the other day and now it stopped. It just plays though the speakers. I have a HTC desire eye. With Ifrogz ear buds.
    I've fixed mine :-) I did factory reset ... waste of time no change.... Then I picked fluff and dirt out of headphone Jack socket and all fixed !
    09-17-2016 10:30 AM
    I joined the forum just to say thank you for the simple solution. I almost didn't want to try it because it might cause more damage but then I just said f it, it's already broken. Thanks.
    Yeah.. I mean honestly, my phone is very nice. The earphones that came with the phone work now due to that. My other headphones work just fine. My earphones don't though. Thank you.
    10-25-2016 09:06 PM
    I also tried cleaning it out with one of my wire cleaners for my braces. (They work well) It worked for a bit. I may clean it out again. I'm due for a new phone any who.. My phones brake once a year for some reason.. Its been good so far..
    10-25-2016 09:14 PM

Hi conspeak, as you said I too thought this as the stupidest solution posted for this problem and at this forum, as it would just toggle mono and stereo mode. BUT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!

I was using the soundabout app till now, but got irritated many times as it would automatically closed itself sometimes. I rooted the phone and installed custom kernel just to solve this issue, but nothing helped. But now this so-called stupid solution worked for me.
    01-10-2018 11:26 AM
    Hi, i have problem with my htc m8, when i plug headphones it plays just on one ear, i tried 3-4 different headphones and same happend. I installed soundabout but the problem is same. Pls help
    09-08-2018 07:52 PM

I registered in this forum just because I felt so impressed this is the thing that ended up working for me. Started having a similar issue in my Alcatel One Touch phone a few days ago and nothing seemed to do the trick (not rebooting, not SoundAbout, nothing), and THIS finally fixed it.
    Thank you, random internet stranger, I came here just to back you up.
    06-01-2019 12:52 PM
66 123