Leaving the M8

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, after playing replacement roulette, I've had enough. I'm switching back to the G2. I might or might not get the G3. Right now it doesn't make since financially, especially since I know the G2 will suit my needs just fine, however, I've had enough of the M8. I'm going to get 1 more replacement, maybe and then put it up for sell. See you guys later.

Scott

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I had the m7 and it had the purple camera problem. I swore off HTC forever. What's wrong with your m8?

Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
OK, after playing replacement roulette, I've had enough. I'm switching back to the G2. I might or might not get the G3. Right now it doesn't make since financially, especially since I know the G2 will suit my needs just fine, however, I've had enough of the M8. I'm going to get 1 more replacement, maybe and then put it up for sell. See you guys later.

Scott

What did you not like about the M8 or was it just faulty? I have the G2 and I'm due an upgrade in a few months, so I'm torn between the G3, M8 or the Note 4

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Scott
Obviously not a happy camper. Must have had problems with his M8. Personally, I am very happy with my M8. I haven't experienced any problems at all. Well, good luck with Replacement roulette. Maybe you'll find a device you will be happy with.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What did you not like about the M8 or was it just faulty? I have the G2 and I'm due an upgrade in a few months, so I'm torn between the G3, M8 or the Note 4

I can't really fault the M8, it just didn't live up to my expectations. As I've stated too many times to count, the camera is not bad, but it's not good either. I'd rank it in the middle of the competition, which is fine, but when you purchase a new "Top of the Line" phone, you want everything to be the best, right? After my camera quite working, I was like, crap. Now I'm going to have to begin the process of swapping out refurbished phones until I can find one that works. That's not the M8's fault. That's the VZW's policy fault.

I'm also not the one to talk to about anything Samsung related. I do not purchase anything made by Samsung. I've heard good things about the Note line. I'm sure that the Note 4 will be a great device as well as the new Galaxy 5.5 or 6. Whatever they are going to call it. I've just never had any luck with a Samsung product.

My advice is to go into the store, hold all the phones. Play with all of the phones, and make a decision that best suits your needs. I am off of buying the G3 on launch day, unless I actually put my hands on it and cannot put it down. The M8 is the first phone I've purchased in a long time without actually picking up the device. Had I, I would not have bought one.

Good Luck!!!!!!

oap81

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
There's no such thing as a perfect phone. The camera for me suits my needs. So that's why it didn't bother me that it's a middle of the road camera. Good luck

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Expectations are the root of most disappointment. I go in thinking everything sucks, then i look at which is the least sucky lol