Media Output / Mirror Casting - AWESOME!

migaux

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So I was already impressed with the M8. I got it the day it arrived at Verizon and I have loved it since. The only thing I am not happy with is the lack of RBG notify LED. But I'm over it.

This past weekend I bought a 60" Samsung Smart TV and while I was discovering it's features I came across something called mirror casting. The M8 is compatible with it and I'm able to pair it with the TV and mirror my phone right onto the 60" screen. THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!! I can put anything up there! Pictures, movies, texts. Anything. I have to still manipulate the phone to navigate what I'm doing, but really, I love it. Especially since I pay $9.99/mo for the WWE Network and now I can mirror cast the app and any pay-per-view without having to hard-connect anything to the TV. What a feature!

migaux

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
On the M8, in settings, look for Media Output. Click on that and, like bluetooth, it will scan for pairable devices. In my case it was my new TV after I made my TV searchable. Once it finds the tv, I select it and it sends the "connect" order to the TV. No matter what channel the tv is on, or what you're doing, the connect order takes priority. Suddenly, the tv displays whatever the phone does. It mirrors it. Mirror casting.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
On the M8, in settings, look for Media Output. Click on that and, like bluetooth, it will scan for pairable devices. In my case it was my new TV after I made my TV searchable. Once it finds the tv, I select it and it sends the "connect" order to the TV. No matter what channel the tv is on, or what you're doing, the connect order takes priority. Suddenly, the tv displays whatever the phone does. It mirrors it. Mirror casting.

Interesting. I wonder if it auto detects a MiraCast ready device? My TV is not MiraCast ready, but I do have a dongle I can try. When I share to my TV, it offers to stream things over DLNA, which is the best my TV can do without the dongle.

Posted via Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for all the questions, how do u make the tv searchable ? I have a Vizio smart tv if that helps any. I did the media output & these are the only options that appear.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 😏

Attachments

• 57083.jpg
    57083.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 71
Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
After 3 months with this phone. You just gave me one more reason to love it even more.

I just tried.. Works great.

I have a Samsung TV

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for all the questions, how do u make the tv searchable ? I have a Vizio smart tv if that helps any. I did the media output & these are the only options that appear.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ??????
I have a vizio smart tv too. Ill play with my TV and my M8 tonight / tomorrow and see if i can figure it out for us vizio people. :)

Thanks migaux for sharing.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I've thought about using chrome cast but I don't really wanna spend money on it bc I'd rarely use it. I'm always on the road or at work

Tapatalk'n On The M8 😏

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Chromecast finally able to mirror phone to tv now wit the new updates..happy bout that

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One M8
How do you get your phone to mirror to Chromecast? I get apps like You Tube to stream to it, but can't figure out how to mirror. Not sure if it's possible yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781