GPS Issues

Angela 1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have not been able to use any tracking apps with my phone. I have the GPS on and set to high accuracy mode. The maps app pre-installed on the phone sometimes show the location several streets away. Anyone else experiencing problems? Which tracking apps are you using?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able to use any tracking apps with my phone. I have the GPS on and set to high accuracy mode. The maps app pre-installed on the phone sometimes show the location several streets away. Anyone else experiencing problems? Which tracking apps are you using?
Reboot your phone and see if that fixes your GPS issues. Also, are there any updates waiting for you to install?

System settings > about phone > software updates.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If it is showing you as several streets away... I bet that is where the tower is that your phone is connected to. Try changing the GPS setting to DEVICE ONLY, and see if gets lost. If so, I would guess your GPS is faulty.

F8ker8

May 7, 2014
Visit site
For some reason Waze would never track my location on my M8 so I just just Google maps now..

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Waze, Ingress and google maps with no problems on my M8.
I also use GPS Status if or when i happen to have any GPS issues.
Id recommend downloading that and seeing what your device is picking up GPS wise.
You can also use the app to clear aGPS and renew aGPS info.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Which carrier and what version of software are you using? Awhile back there was a problem with Sprint and GPS. After using wifi calling gps was really inaccurate. We had to re boot to get it to work. When the 4.4.4 update came out that bug was fixed. If you're not on Sprint and not still on 4.4.3, I'm guessing you're GPS might be faulty, not so much anything to do with software. At that point I'd take it in for repair or replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol