M8 WiFi speeds

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been fighting myself and need some input. My m8 WiFi speeds are awful, along side me g2, the lg is getting like 20 up 10 down, HTC 2 up 6 down. IPhone speeds on my network are on par with g2. Opening pages, apps, pretty much anything my g2 is faster. I exchanged m8 and new one is the same. Any thoughts? Plus both HTC s drop WiFi sporadically, both iPhone and g2 have never done that once. I can be in my bedroom and my m8 would pick up my neighbors WiFi, never had that happen with any phone, usually in my house all my devices stay connected to my network. I have done resets with router , phones, doesn't help. As I am typing this my g2 shows 2 bars of WiFi signal, HTC says excellent signal, full WiFi bars, yet the g2 blows it away. I really want to keep the HTC, but after 2 with same issue, not sure what to do.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Additionally, it seems like the g2 connects to different networks from a further distance than the m8. The m8 I would need to be in room where router is, the g2 I can be outside and connect to same network where the m8 would say out of range. This has happened to both my m8s.

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the ports on the router are forwarding to the other devices? My wi-fi at home is pitifully slow but my 4g speeds are about 50mbit/s so I hardly ever use wifi anymore. I have no issues with 4g speeds anyways.

Is your m8 in a thick case?