reasonable battery expectations

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
hey all, so i just got the m8 a few days ago. i have been trying get a read on what to expect battery wise. i am coming from the m7, which started out pretty good and then began to get worse.

i know it takes a few days or a week to settle in, but i'd like to get some feedback from those that have had it for a bit now.

from what i have seen on the forum, stats are all over the place, and of course everyone has different settings, usage, expectations, etc.

bottom line, for me, on the m7 i never got more than 3 hours screen time. my settings on the m7 are pretty identical to how i have set up the m8.

here they are:

3 gmail accts synced
facebook not refreshing
bluetooth on
wifi on - on wifi most of the day
gps - battery saving mode
auto brightness
wifi optimization
google now - on

based on these settings, and your experience, any ideas on what i can reasonably expect daily once it settles? i know it's supposed to be better than the m7 by like 40% but is that accurate?

so far, first few days, i have to say that i don't see much of a difference from the m7, but it is only the first few days.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

thx

kilskev

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had mine a week yet still new toy stage but battery is doing very well.Loving it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
hey all, so i just got the m8 a few days ago. i have been trying get a read on what to expect battery wise. i am coming from the m7, which started out pretty good and then began to get worse.

i know it takes a few days or a week to settle in, but i'd like to get some feedback from those that have had it for a bit now.

from what i have seen on the forum, stats are all over the place, and of course everyone has different settings, usage, expectations, etc.

bottom line, for me, on the m7 i never got more than 3 hours screen time. my settings on the m7 are pretty identical to how i have set up the m8.

here they are:

3 gmail accts synced
facebook not refreshing
bluetooth on
auto brightness
wifi optimization
google now - on

based on these settings, and your experience, any ideas on what i can reasonably expect daily once it settles? i know it's supposed to be better than the m7 by like 40% but is that accurate?

so far, first few days, i have to say that i don't see much of a difference from the m7, but it is only the first few days.

thx

I have a very similar setup to yours and at the end of the day, I am at 45 - 50% remaining. Off charger at 6am, back on charger at 11pm. I have discontinued usage of my work charger because the battery on the M8 is so good.

Posted via Android Central App

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks. what kind of screen time? that is what i am finding is the biggest inconsistency. i know some manage 8 hours, but that is with everything off as best i can tell. with this kind of set up, are you getting a decent amount of actual screen time, actual usage.

it's fine for it to be on and making it thru the day, which it does, but i want to get the most milage and usage. and these settings are frankly what i need. just wondering if i can expect like 3 hours or so. that would be pretty sufficient for me.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks. what kind of stats? what kind of screen time?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

here they are:

3 gmail accts synced
facebook not refreshing
bluetooth on
auto brightness
wifi optimization
google now - on

thx
I have a gmail account, and a exchange account syncing. On average , with settings similar to yours with moderate use I have been able to get 30 hours with 5 hour screen time. That's with texting, phone calls, etc. I have normal power saver set. The phone and my g2 are very close with battery life. I was quite surprised it does as well as it does with the battery it has.

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Mine lasts well for me and I push it pretty hard. I use it to play about 2 1/2 hours of music over a usb powered dac daily for my work commute (major battery drain, comparable to having gps and maps turned on constantly). Couple hours of internet browsing. Loads of texting. Connected over 4g lte, a bit of gaming with castle crush. I'm at about 40% after an 11 hour day. Most other phones would be dead after half a day of that.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
so here is what i am seeing so far . . .

yesterday day 2 - had 13% left after 16.5 hours, 2:45 of screen time and 1:11 of phone time

today day 3 - 35% remaining after 13 hours, 2:15 screen time, 37 of talk time, did some music streaming for like 40 minutes as well.

not bad, and i know it still may need some time, but i do expect more based on everything i have read.

thoughts?

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I have my Bluetooth turned on all day it sucks the battery life way down...like way faster than normal...a normal day of about 15 house with out it turned on is about 50% leftover...with it on though it's at like 30

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaac donald