Trouble with Sms 3rd Party Apps

Nekoxii

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
For some reason I can't send MMS through any other apps besides Hangouts and the Stock Messaging app. Anyone know how I can fix it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can't send MMS through any other apps besides Hangouts and the Stock Messaging app. Anyone know how I can fix it?

I am using Evolve SMS on my M8 through the Verizon network...

I had to set Evolve to the default SMS app and switch off Hangouts SMS and the stock SMS program... Then I just had to set Evolve SMS (in setting of Evolve to the correct APN (verizon)... It works without any major issues....

The only problem I currently have is in Group Messaging.... Sometimes it starts to double send my messages in a group message setting. But that is clearly a bug in Evolve...

Nekoxii

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully that will work for me, on T-Mobile. I've tried Textra, Go Sms, Evolve Sms, and many others and I can't seem to send MMS on any.

fclifton

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the setting in Textra to handle T-Mobile MMS? It worked for me. It isn't the best solution because it turns off WiFi to send MMS, which of course doesn't work if you are inside without a good data signal. Also, I found a thread on xda-developers that showed how to set a different APN and that worked better.

Nekoxii

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Have you seen the setting in Textra to handle T-Mobile MMS? It worked for me. It isn't the best solution because it turns off WiFi to send MMS, which of course doesn't work if you are inside without a good data signal. Also, I found a thread on xda-developers that showed how to set a different APN and that worked better.

Can you give me a link to it? & I've tried Textra not a fan of it though. I just hate I have to turn off WiFi in order for me to send MMS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon