Calibrate Battery

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Fully charge the battery with the phone on and when the phone is fully charged, unplug the charger and turn it off. When your phone is off, plug it into the charger and let it charge to 100% again.

This part is called a bump charge and can be bad for the battery. People have tried this in the past to get just a bit more capacity into the battery, because the charger will push a little juice into the battery before the battery's circuitry can say "stop, I'm full." Doing this once probably isn't going to do much harm, but it is a possibility. Doing it repeatedly can risk damaging the battery even more.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
There is an official HTC way to do it, it's been posted here a number of times but I don't remember the exact process

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the "bump charge" but i have seen positive outcome by allowing my device to turn its sell off when the battery is to low. When its off, plug it in and wait for it to fully charge. Then while the phone is still plugged in power it on. Let is sit for another 20 minutes or so charging then you can take it off the charger and use it. This has worked well for me and other people when trying to calibrate a battery.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I've tried that, & I'm getting excellent results. Battery feels good as new. I'm getting about 12+ hours out of it now

Tapatalk'n On The M8 👍📱

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I've also read on numerous occasions that once in a while the battery should be allowed to drop right down near zero. Microsoft for example suggest doing that with their Surface Pro tablets once a month. Lithium batteries aren't really happy about being near flat; but they aren't enthusiastic about being overcharged or overheated and that happens more frequently than a controlled discharge to near-zero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair