Best Headphones for calls

JulesTruly

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Just got my HTC one m8 and I am looking for a recommendation for headphones. I will be using the phone alot and I would like either a bluetooth headset with mic or a corded headset with a mic. I have heard that bluetooth headphones may not work well with the HTC. Not sure of this is still an issue or if it was just an old issue. I have AT&T service. Anybody experience issues with using a bluetooth headset? If not, please let me know what brand and model you are using. Likewise, if anyone is using a corded headset with mic that they like, could you please let me know? My main concern is call quality.
Thanks so much!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
http://www.vxicorp.com/products/blu...le-solutions/bluetooth-headsets/b250-xt-plus/

This is the one I use. The joke is it'll make you look like you work at McDonald's (due to the massive battery, and thus talk times), but it's hands down one of the best ones to use if call quality is that important to you. I could hang my head out the window at highway speeds and the person on the other end could never tell. There's been times where I was on it next to a loud engine where I couldn't hear myself talking, but the person on the other end heard me perfectly with only a faint hum in the background. That's how good the nose cancellation is on those headsets. It also has a wide and loud volume range and the ear cup blocks out a lot of noise, so you'll never have to worry about hearing the person you're talking to. It's not stereo, but it can play media audio and works with Skype.

About the only downside other than size/aesthetics, is reconnecting after getting out of range. Usually it reconnects fine, but occasionally you have to press the action button to do it manually. Especially if it's for a long period of time. Rarer still, it won't reconnect at all and you have to reset it by plugging it into the charger while the charger is plugged into its outlet, then unplug and reboot. Never got a definitive answer if that's a headset issue, or Bluetooth, but it did it with my last phone too. Haven't noticed any additional problems on the M8.

If you don't like the over-the-head style Bluetooth, that company makes a couple other styles that wear differently. They claim to have the same nose cancellation properties and I've heard good things about them from users, but I haven't tried other styles myself.

Btw, I call into radio shows using this one while going down the interstate, as well as many other people. If it's suitable for radio, then you know call quality is good. ;)

Last edited:

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have had many headsets over the years, and I have settled on klipsch wired headphones... Get the most expensive you find acceptable.

Bluetooth can be touchy, so if quality and stability are important to you, wired is the way to go if it fits your lifestyle.

This is all just my opinion, of course. FYI I am a business person and I spend a lot of time on the phone and I also use these headphones for listening to music on long flights.

R

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Check out the LG Tone+ line. I use them and haven't had any issues.

Posted via Android Central App

JulesTruly

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it! I will definitely check out all your suggestions. I am definitely looking for call quality over style if I can only have one. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15