Whats with the limited vibration notifications?

dcg0222

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Just picked up the M8 and I'm super pleased with just about everything on the phone with the exception of a few things. One of the few things that bugs me about this phone is that I'm constantly missing texts, and e-mail notifications if the phone is in my pocket.

On my old phones, I'd rely on vibration to let me know when I receive incoming texts, or notifications, and on the M8 it seems theres only a single option to enable vibration and not anywhere to intensify, or even change the vibration patterns when receiving texts or other notifications.

Is there anything built into the phone that can intensify the vibration or possibly make it vibrate for a longer duration? I'd hate to download a third party app just to do this, but if thats my only option then I'll be happy to do so.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree that has been the only thing I've hated about htc phones every one I've had has been like that just wish they would add more vibrations for notifying of texts because it vibrates with every ring of the calls but I love there phones so much I've just lived with it but maybe someday they will change it.

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
There's no built in way to do this, but it can be done without rooting with any of a number of apps. I've never done it myself, but if you search the play store for custom vibration or something of that sort I'm sure you'll get some results.

Sent from my HTC One M8

dcg0222

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
It's just annoying having such a "light" vibration that I constantly miss incoming text while the phone is in my pocket.

My samsung S3 vibration was so excentric if I was walking down the road or playing sports, I could feel it vibrate in my pocket, where as the M8 I don't feel it at all.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I've said the same thing when I first purchased it, but after a few days or so the vibration seemed to intensify or maybe I became use to it being lower. Point is, I missed calls, text, etc but once I became use to the level of the vibration I never miss anything.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power