Camera started blurring

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...

When you folks bought your HTC M8, did anyone experience a plastic stick cover on the camera lens? The reason I ask is that my camera has started taken washed out pictures (the phone is only 7/8 weeks old)... This happened on my iPhone and it turned out I had not taken the protective sticky cover off...

I have looked hard at the lens and I can see that there 'could' be a plastic sticky protective cover as it 'looks' like there are scratch marks on it... But after trying to pick at the edges gently, nothing seems to start to remove...?????

If anyone can tell me if they have or haven't then that would be awesome... Cheers folks...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've actually read quite a few of these cases with the M8 :( It seems there's a defect with the lens itself, not a plastic cover outside it (like we had with the S4 :p hehe).

It's my understanding that this issue is not debated at stores and you should get a Warranty replacement unit for it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
There's a huge thread about it which tells you how to fix it. Some M8s have the issue. Mine didn't.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
As others have said, there's another thread for this issue. It's either random factory gunk or a UV filter, either way it's basically totally unnecessary and doesn't need to be there as it scratches so easily. Take a q tip, and some toothpaste (pure white stuff, nothing with glittery stuff or crystals in it), put a glob on the lens, and rub firmly with the qtip for a while. Might take 5 minutes and a couple of toothpaste applications but it'll come right off and be scratch free. You can use an alcohol wipe or something like that to remove the toothpaste.

Sent from my HTC One M8

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I used some automotive scratch remover (Meguiares to be exact) followed by some automotive wax (again Meguiares) and my lense is as good as new

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk