Pre paid nano SIM in the UK?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to London tomorrow and wanted to know what's the best provider to get a pre paid SIM from and where to get it for my unlocked M8. TIA.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd look at the network 3. Not sure in their exact deals but you can get unlimited data and pay no more for 4g

Posted via Android Central App

Dec077

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Buy a SIM from a phone shop (or supermarket) in London, not from the vending machines at the airport. (Airports have free WiFi if you sign up from your smartphone / laptop.)

You can get a SIM from free (sometimes a £1) and then put credit on it.

Some PAYG options require you to have credit on your SIM and then 'sign-up' (through your phone) to a calling / data plan package.

If you do it in an independent phone shop (eg, CarPhone Warehouse), they can advise the best option for your anticipated usage and setup the plan for you.

I use Vodafone PAYG Freedom Freebie: £10 for 250 minutes of calls, unlimited texts and 250Mb of data, all to be used in 30 days. Options for £15, £20, etc with higher allowances are also available. I think that the Three network is cheaper though. In central London, most service providers should give you good network coverage.

If you don't set up a PAYG plan, you could be charged per call (~25p / min) and data usage per day (~£2 per day upto 5Mb and ~£5 per 50Mb over that), which can work out to be pricey.

Have fun in London: it's a great place!

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd look at the network 3. Not sure in their exact deals but you can get unlimited data and pay no more for 4g

I dont think this is the case on the payg sims. I ordered a couple myself but they aren't 4G enabled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie