Notifications still get through

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
On my phone i've set the instragram and twitter apps to no alerts or push notifications, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. my phone still alerts me to things happening (like comments mentions etc.) I'm trying to beat social media addiction haha and as a result I'd like to check these things when I want to rather than being told when to check them.

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On my phone i've set the instragram and twitter apps to no alerts or push notifications, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. my phone still alerts me to things happening (like comments mentions etc.) I'm trying to beat social media addiction haha and as a result I'd like to check these things when I want to rather than being told when to check them.

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Did you disable those notifications within the app?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i did indeed, all the settings say notifications are off but they still alert me.

Ok. If you go to Settings>apps>scroll down to say Facebook and click on it, you should see the App info screen. There should be a check box titled, 'Show Notifications'. If you uncheck that, you will no longer see any notifications for that app. I often do this for games.

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok. If you go to Settings>apps>scroll down to say Facebook and click on it, you should see the App info screen. There should be a check box titled, 'Show Notifications'. If you uncheck that, you will no longer see any notifications for that app. I often do this for games.

thanks a bunch!!!! issue sorted!!