Front Facing camera on HTC One m8 distortion?

KellyC22

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased the htc one today, and have loved it so far. Until I sensed it was time for a selfie, and then frustration set in. The first picture I took with the front camera I noticed my head had grown about 3 times its normal size. Like all good selfie takers, I naturally raise my phone to take the picture, but the distortion does not happen when taking a picture straight on. It distorts at the bottom, and top of the picture, and also gets very dark in the same places and unnaturally light in the middle of the frame. The picture quality is also very grainy and slightly blurry. Is there anyway to fix this problem? I've also heard that the samsung phones have this problem as well, so if I were to return this phone, I would have no idea what to get in replacement. So if anyone has any suggestions I'm open lol

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I would swap it for another one. I think u have 14 days to do so. I don't think this will help distortion, but I've heard something where ppl where putting things such as alcohol wipes or car wax on the camera to fix them. Ion know, I'd just swap it out. BTW welcome to AC

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the lens blurriness thread. That's an easy fix, you just have to clear some gunk off of the lens.

As for the distortion that's a consequence of the wide angle of the lens. You either have a wide frame that'll fit more people in it or you have a narrow frame without distortion. Just position yourself closer to the center and you'll be fine.

Sent from my HTC One M8

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Its 'normal' for an ultra wide angle lens to have some distortion at the edges. Its a trade off, either you have a cropped image, or you have a wider field of vision. I much prefer the latter. You can always crop the image yourself later. It might cut out part of your picture, but remember that part of the picture wouldn't exist with other phones with a non-wide angle lens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm