Getting a new M8, Build Quality Issues to look for?

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all. The brief history, had an M7 on Sprint, switched to Tmobile in January, sadly gave up M7 for G2, upgrade time tomorrow and I finally get an HTC back!

I've been keeping up on the M8 since it was released, and to make this upgrade nice and easy, what build quality issues should I look for the second I take the phone out of the box in the store.

Things I've heard (feel free to expand on)
1. Sunken Power button
2. Loose volume buttons
3. Raised glass
4. Sunken speaker grills
5. Dead Pixels
6. No touch on parts of the screen

Granted I have never experienced any of these issues I dont know what to look for exactly so any help would be appreciated. SO. EXCITED.

kilskev

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine came out of the box fine. You'll hear more people with problems talk looking for solution. Remember there are millions sold

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Picked up mine a few months after release and its been a solid unit.
I would expect minor issues with the first batch / launch devices as manufacturing kinks get worked out.
By now all that should be gone and nothing but great devices rolling off the assembly line.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I might've encountered the raised glass issue. I just returned the factory unlocked M8 on Amazon for the ATT model (I know, I'm weird...), and I noticed my case was popping off the screen protector on the sides?! The raised glass issue makes sense now! I have yet to receive the ATT model, and hopefully it won't have the same problem.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
You have it covered. The only really widespread thing with the M8 is the lens coating issue. And it's easily fixed. Keep in mind you see a much higher rate of build issues on here than you'd get in a wider sample range. People are more likely to post if they have a problem than if they don't.

Sent from my HTC One M8

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm the odd one out i guess, i've had far too many replacements...i think i've been through 6, 2 had dead touch screens and the others had really bad light bleed or sunken power buttons

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Scratched camera lens, that being said, if the camera lens is scratched to the point where your camera takes washed out and blurry pictures, then you can get it replaced by HTC. I think that's under the HTC Advantage plan though.

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Got the M8 and man it's nice! The only small issue is the screen is slightly dipped on the bottom right corner near the speaker, but since my hand will never go down there, I'll take it and run. Plus assuming nothing else goes wrong, I just have to keep it until the M9/Prime/whatever the new one will be comes out in March.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mama