3rd party keyboards

Wrathen

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I own and have used a few including Swiftkey and Swype. But I really like the current Google Keyboard you can get from the app store. I tried to use the stock one for all of 30mins when i first got my HTC 1m8. So i DLed the Google one and been happy ever since.

I do like Swiftkey but its autocorrect drives me nuts. I really like its prediction but the autocorrect kills it for me. Every time I try to go back to it within a day or two I'm back to the Google stock one.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This is the keyboard I use (SwiftKey), for those of you talking about professionalism I'm guessing you mean basically all black.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 3036.jpg
    3036.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 25

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
This may change my mind I shall post here what happens next. Maybe annoying to have to 're add all my Arab words into English on it haha #immigrantproblems

SwiftKey has a personal dictionary backup, make sure you turn it on.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It's funny, someone says they don't like a keyboard and people insist otherwise. It's preference people...

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It's funny, someone says they don't like a keyboard and people insist otherwise. It's preference people...
You're right. And I think it can be device-specific too. I really like Google Keyboard on my Nexus 5 phone so I switched my Asus Transformer tablet over to it. Ugh... not long before I was back on the Asus keyboard. Web browsing for one thing was clunky; Google Keyboard on the Transformer had no "Go" or Enter button, for one thing. Which I thought was strange -- it's on my Nexus 5. What the...? Both browsers were Chrome.

Interesting to read people's suggestions and experiences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt