SD Card Mischief

imadroppa

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
About an hour ago my phone told me that the SD card unmounted itself. As i'm sure you know, the SD card on the M8 simply is not in a position where it can unmount itself. I've tried resetting my phone, turning it off for a period of time, and even putting it in airplane and then going back to normal again. Nothing.

I connected my phone up to my laptop, and in the "file manager", the SD card did not come up as an available option. And to make things more fun, my laptop does not have a dedicated SD slot, so even if I extracted the card i couldn't load it up on there.

I'm concerned about this immensely because i have 28 gigs or so of strictly music on it (the only reason i need an sd card for my phone) and only about 800mb of that is stored somewhere where it is accessible, amd no way to even move the rest to the cloud :/ If i lose all that music, i will kick a puppy. With no way to extract it off the card, please tell me there's a way to fix this.

Latest version of android, unrooted. Sandisk 64 gb memory card i believe. The guy at Verizon just went in the back and grabbed the card and installed it for me, didn't get a good look at it.

It's been fine since March 9th when i got it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Trusting your whole music collection to a memory card is unthinkable. You need to put it in a computer that can handle Read write. I would copy everything to a hard drive, reformat from phone, then copy it all back.

imadroppa

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Trusting your whole music collection to a memory card is unthinkable. You need to put it in a computer that can handle Read write. I would copy everything to a hard drive, reformat from phone, then copy it all back.

Haha, for sure man. I didn't even know something like this was possible. Definitely a bit of an error on my part.

Anyways, how would i go about transferring it? I have no computer with an SD slot, nor a hard drive readily abailable. That's my biggest issue

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
About an hour ago my phone told me that the SD card unmounted itself. As i'm sure you know, the SD card on the M8 simply is not in a position where it can unmount itself. I've tried resetting my phone, turning it off for a period of time, and even putting it in airplane and then going back to normal again. Nothing.

I connected my phone up to my laptop, and in the "file manager", the SD card did not come up as an available option. And to make things more fun, my laptop does not have a dedicated SD slot, so even if I extracted the card i couldn't load it up on there.

Latest version of android, unrooted. Sandisk 64 gb memory card i believe. The guy at Verizon just went in the back and grabbed the card and installed it for me, didn't get a good look at it.

It's been fine since March 9th when i got it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Have you tried ejecting the SD card tray, and re-inserting it? :confused:(I didn't see any mention of you trying that). The card might have gotten dislodged somehow. In the box that your phone came in there should be a little grey item that says HTC on it. If you pull it out you'll find a pin on the end. Insert that pin into the hole in the top right corner on the right side of the phone, and the tray should pop out. Make sure the card is securely in the tray and re-insert it into the phone. That should remount the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay