1. remedemic's Avatar
    I'm in a family plan with both of my parents. I have an s4 and have been in a contract for about 1.2 years. My dad has a Samsung Droid Charge that he's been using for almost 3.5 years, and doesn't care much to upgrade.

    I want to leave the verizon family plan and switch over to T-Mobile. Since my dad has been using the same phone for so long, we figured we would give him my galaxy s4 to use. Does anyone know if I can have my dad cancel his line, switch over to my line and my galaxy s4 with HIS phone number, and have me leave and go to T-mobile, without a termination fee?

    If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize and will delete it.
    08-03-2014 06:15 PM
  2. mannw1977's Avatar
    If he hasn't renewed his contract with a new two year agreement. Yes you can end his and not pay anything to remove the line. But if you still have unlimited data or limited data with a set min and text amount and don't go over. It would be cheaper to stay on that plan.

    Posted via Android Central App
    08-03-2014 06:56 PM
  3. mannw1977's Avatar
    And just so you know... You could use his upgrade to get the m8 and switch it when you get home. That's the work around I use on an extra line to keep my unlimited data. Never had an issue with doing so.

    Posted via Android Central App
    08-03-2014 06:59 PM

Similar Threads

  1. How do I move apps from internal storage to SD card
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 03:12 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 01:52 AM
  3. Which Android TV Stick/Box To Buy?
    By Jack Carver1 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 06:35 PM
  4. NFL games on phone?
    By jschug72 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 11:12 PM
  5. Can't change lock screen security
    By tylermc7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 05:39 PM