HELP! Getting rid of TWRP and going back to stock recovery (at&t)

rahammou

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I got an m8 from a friend that had it rooted so he could use it unlocked on tmobile. I looked up how to get stock sense back onto it and successfully did that although the device is still rooted with TWRP as the custom recovery. I am completely new to this and couldnt find any guides on how to get my m8 back to stock. like 100% stock. I want to be able to accept updates from att and have no trouble doing so. SO FAR i tried flashing a recovery image that i found.

Im not able to post links yet but it was the stock recovery firmware base version 1.12.502.18 for ATT from the website andromods which i read is the correct one.

i flashed the recovery image there^^^ and got the red triangle with the ! in it, then my phone restarted about 2 mins later and went back to the rooted sense 6 overlay i had but i still have TWRP on it. I thought i had bricked my phone at this point but thank god it restarted.
SO

how can i completely get rid of TWRP? can someone help me out and post detailed steps on how to do this as i dont want to brick my m8. I have a fastboot program already installed if that helps.

Thank you so much too, this really puts me at ease knowing its fully unrooted. Ill be updating and hopefully this post will be able to help others in the future as i couldn't find a clear way to do it yet.
Thank you!

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
All the info you need is on XDA, I'm sure someone else will find a link to the appropriate thread if you can't find it

My M8 posted this

rahammou

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Awesome so it is possible. It would be great if anybody could show me the right way to do it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton