check out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
so I bought a cheap $18 china dot view case on ebay ( not the official htc one). needless to say, it broke a corner 4 days into, due to cheap plastic. they sent me another case for free. so I thought...hmmmm maybe I can do something with the old dot cover?

I have been using a SUPCASE unicorn beetle case I got from amazon. great looking and slim TPU case, btw. so heres what I did:

after taking the dot cover off the plastic back using low heat and a heat gun I measured the cut I would need to make in the side of the tpu case. trimmed it off, and smoothed with a die grinder . I trimmed off about a 1/4 " of the vinyl where its taped on, due to my supcase being clear, I didn't want to see the tape.
I applied super sticky black double sided tape and installed it to my Supcase just like it was applied to the cheap plastic back.
works exactly the same , looks great, and works with my tempered screen protector.

what do you guys think? I think I got the function/look of the dot view case, with better protection using the supcase unicorn beetle. The cover flips all the way around the back so its great to hold too.
I need to patent this.... $$$$ ;)

71cCjD+X1gL__SL1500_.jpgIMAG1958.jpgIMAG1959.jpgIMAG1960_1.jpg

Last edited:

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I might have to try this as well. i have both tose cases laying around at the moment.

so I bought a cheap $18 china dot view case on ebay ( not the official htc one). needless to say, it broke a corner 4 days into, due to cheap plastic. they sent me another case for free. so I thought...hmmmm maybe I can do something with the old dot cover?

I have been using a SUPCASE unicorn beetle case I got from amazon. great looking and slim TPU case, btw. so heres what I did:

after taking the dot cover off the plastic back using low heat and a heat gun I measured the cut I would need to make in the side of the tpu case. trimmed it off, and smoothed with a die grinder . I trimmed off about a 1/4 " of the vinyl where its taped on, due to my supcase being clear, I didn't want to see the tape.
I applied super sticky black double sided tape and installed it to my Supcase just like it was applied to the cheap plastic back.
works exactly the same , looks great, and works with my tempered screen protector.

what do you guys think? I think I got the function/look of the dot view case, with better protection using the supcase unicorn beetle. The cover flips all the way around the back so its great to hold too.
I need to patent this.... $$$$ ;)

View attachment 131013View attachment 131014View attachment 131015View attachment 131016

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
HAHA I'm in the same exact process. I bought a cheap one from china, corners broke, used a heat gun two days ago and now I'm in the process of finding a case that will work with it. Can you provide a link to the case use used? thanks!

I found it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante