So far the HTC One M8 wins best phone ever for me

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I like the m8 and am looking forward to the M9

I think it's time htc completely out does the competition in all aspects on the next one and they don't need to go the phablet route to do it.

The latest processors gpu the absolute best camera and software the biggest battery 4 gigs of ddr3 ram in a 5" or 5.5" screen and 500ppi would crush the competition.

Posted via Android Central App from my HTC M8

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I like the m8 and am looking forward to the M9

I think it's time htc completely out does the competition in all aspects on the next one and they don't need to go the phablet route to do it.

The latest processors gpu the absolute best camera and software the biggest battery 4 gigs of ddr3 ram in a 5" or 5.5" screen and 500ppi would crush the competition.

Posted via Android Central App from my HTC M8

It would also crush their cash flow. It's one thing to get an edge over the competition but crushing it would cost an extreme amount of time and money on R&D and component purchases. Even Samsung, who make their own components anyway still are only able to make incremental improvements.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Since you ask: compared to SGS5, LG G3, SGN3, etc., the M8 has got a decidedly lo-res cam, is longer, thicker, heavier, is more slippery, has got a smaller available screen area, is not water resistant, has no fingerprint scanner, no heart rate monitor, no USB 3.0, etc. etc. Need I go on?
Of course the M8 looks much more Star Trek for those who are sensitive to that sort of thing. And it has better sound.
Did you actually say that a heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner are "advantages" over the M8?
I can't imagine even caring if those kinds of "gimmicks" were on any phone I was considering..
and, USB 3.0 means nothing, since most folks use wireless methods to transfer files now a days...I guess if that stuff means something to you, you are in the minority, NOT the majority..

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you actually say that a heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner are "advantages" over the M8?

No.
You've got a lively imagination.

I can't imagine even caring if those kinds of "gimmicks" were on any phone I was considering..
and, USB 3.0 means nothing, since most folks use wireless methods to transfer files now a days...I guess if that stuff means something to you, you are in the minority, NOT the majority..

Irrelevant.
The point is that kind of stuff is on top-of-the-line phones. It's not on the M8. So the M8 is not a top-of-the-line phone.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
based on YOUR criteria of what is a top of the line phone, NOT any one else's..NO phone enthusiast considers that kind of crap as "top of the line phone" stuff..

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
based on YOUR criteria of what is a top of the line phone, NOT any one else's..NO phone enthusiast considers that kind of crap as "top of the line phone" stuff..

Including the various top android devices of 2014 lists. It's actually number 1 on the Android Central one. Link follows:

http://m.androidcentral.com/best-android-phones?nopaging=1

It's not an objective analysis either. But it shows that Indoler is hardly an authority on the matter and isn't qualified to determine the validity and soundness of what is to be considered objective.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
all I know is that ANYONE and EVERYONE who I consider knowledgeable about everything mobile, puts the M8 at either the top of the list of best phones of 2014, or in the top 2 or 3; to say this isn't a "flagship" phone, or qualifies as a best of 2014 because it doesn't have a heart rate monitor or fingerprint scanner, or usb 3.0 just shows someones lack of android knowledge and expertise..

ruhi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Since you ask: compared to SGS5, LG G3, SGN3, etc., the M8 has got a decidedly lo-res cam, is longer, thicker, heavier, is more slippery, has got a smaller available screen area, is not water resistant, has no fingerprint scanner, no heart rate monitor, no USB 3.0, etc. etc. Need I go on?
Of course the M8 looks much more Star Trek for those who are sensitive to that sort of thing. And it has better sound.
Not water resistant?

All New HTC One (M8) Water Test - Water Resistant?: http://youtu.be/lhwvXTVQoPM

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the S5, iPhone 5s, and now the M8. The S5 exceed only in the camera, but not by much, to the 5S. The M8 could improve on the camera, then it would be the most superior phone for me ever. I loved the iPhone 5s, but wasn't happy with the restrictive operating system and small size. The camera was great, the screen was great. But I don't like such a small phone. Samsung could stand to do away with the health bloatware and the fingerprint scanner and face recognition, I know I never used any of these things. How about take those things off the phone and improve on battery life? I desired the speakers on the M8, and wasnt let down! I want a device that will play my music at my preferred volume, and this M8 is exactly what fits me best, minus the crappy camera. Improve that and I will never buy another "flagship" phone from a competitor!

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Indoler, I read reviews of smartphones every day. It's kind of a sickness. The M8 is, by a wide margin, the most frequently #1 rated smartphone in the Android ecosystem, if not all operating systems. The only thing that changes most recently is some rate the newly released LG G3 as #1. Even with the G3, the M8 still retains the #1 ranking in various services. You will find very few that rate the S5 #1 or even #2. Top 5 definitely.

Now, these are typically objective and knowledgeable reviewers. The most consistent knocks I see on the S5 are its less than premium build quality (or materials), Touchwiz, software bloat, lack of 32GB option, and lagginess (not nearly as bad as the S4 and S3). The M8, despite a few quirks, just reeks of quality. It is fast as hell and buttery smooth in every way, and its camera is much better than the megapixel warriors suggest, especially indoors and in low light.

Is it perfect? No. Are there things I would change about it? Yes. But the reviewers consistently rate it #1 (or #2 at worst). Think I'll trust them over you.

And FTR, I don't give a fat baby's hoo-haa what phone anyone uses. Just sharing some facts. Go ahead...ask the internet.

Peace.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just love how Samsung are becoming the new Apple fan boy trolls.... Ooh my phone has x y z gimmick that no one is ever going to use

The s5 is cheap looking and cheap feeling there has been very little design innovation since the s3 touch wiz is God damn awful as an os colours look unnatural like something on a kids TV show, yes waterproofing is available but have you actually looked around at the amount of problems people have had after dropping their phones in water and Samsungs poor customer service responses... The removable battery may be of use to some people I guess but most aren't going to mess around with it really

As others have said if it's not in the same league why has nearly everyone within the phone business rated it as one of if not the best phones out right now are you more knowledgeable than the experts?

And before u asked I have tried the s5 a long with the z2 and m8 when I was looking at phones and the only one in consideration apart from the m8 was the Sony (very close for a while but the design n feel of m8 won me over) and I've not regretted it since. Os is excellent have had no performance issues and the camera is fine for what I use it for

So in conclusion keep your biased uneducated borderline stupid comments to yourself or your other Samsung buddies

midas69

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
To arbitrarily declare that the M8 can't be a flagship because it's missing a feature like a finger print scanner is absurd. I could just as easily declare that any phone without front facing speakers doesn't qualify as a flagship. Both views are absurd.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
To arbitrarily declare that the M8 can't be a flagship because it's missing a feature like a finger print scanner is absurd. I could just as easily declare that any phone without front facing speakers doesn't qualify as a flagship. Both views are absurd.

The lack of front speakers is actually much worse than lack of a fingerprint scanner. A fingerprint scanner has limited utility, basically just locking the phone, which has many methods available. The speakers and improved sound directly affect many ways people use their phones from playing music, videos, and games to using the speakerphone. I'm personally going to have a hard time giving them up when it comes time to move on to a new phone.

But I still don't think the lack of them makes a phone not a leader in the field.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power