Developer Edition Warranty Transfer

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the warranty would transfer to me if I purchased a used Developer Edition M8? I'm looking into doing this to save a few bucks, but I'm not sure if the warranty would transfer.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The warranty from what? Your current "normal" M8?
If you were to buy the Dev Edition, it will come with a manufacturer's warranty but you'd still have to buy insurance to cover any possible damage if that's what you mean.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The warranty from what? Your current "normal" M8?
If you were to buy the Dev Edition, it will come with a manufacturer's warranty but you'd still have to buy insurance to cover any possible damage if that's what you mean.
No, I don't have one now. If I bought a used one from Swappa or something, would I be able to use the manufacturer warranty if something went wrong?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't have one now. If I bought a used one from Swappa or something, would I be able to use the manufacturer warranty if something went wrong?

Well that only covers software issues and hardware failure, but not accidental damage. If the phone is still within one year of purchase you should still be able to make claims on it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well that only covers software issues and hardware failure, but not accidental damage. If the phone is still within one year of purchase you should still be able to make claims on it.

Yup. That's what I was wondering. And I talked to someone at HTC, and it does work. Got one on Swappa for $500 with all accessories and 11 months left on the warranty.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup. That's what I was wondering. And I talked to someone at HTC, and it does work. Got one on Swappa for $500 with all accessories and 11 months left on the warranty.

Nice deal :D
Congrats on the new phone!