08-27-2014 09:03 PM
55 123
tools
    I can't complete 10 hrs with light use

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2014 02:35 PM
    No thing worked for me I did factory and hard reset changed the charger the battery still sucks My friend have this phone and the battery just working amazing easily can complete 19 hrs with normal use

Didn't you get an offical HTC charger with your phone? Why were you using a 1 amp charger instead? Uncheck the automatic brightness box, and lower your brightness from the max to an acceptable level since your screen is depleting half your battery. What do you have your screen timeout set to? Click on the > next to the 44.9% to, and take a screen capture to show us what apps are accounting for the use of 44.9% of your battery.

Have you gone into the Location area of settings, and changed that to battery saver?

What carrier are you with? (Some carrier specific apps are know to drain the battery).

Instead of the hard reset do a system cache clear. Here is how:
    Here is how to do it:
    (Turn off FastBoot if its enabled)
    Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the Volume Down key.
    Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
    Continue holding the Volume Down.
    Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
    Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
    Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
    The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
    Press the Up Volume key and Power key at the same time.
    Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
    Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
    Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
    Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
    Mm8 likes this.
    08-24-2014 02:39 PM
    I will do it thanks

08-24-2014 03:21 PM
    12% in 6 minutes??? I'd return the device and insist on replacement.

Posted via Android Central App
    The screenshot clearly shows 2% in 10 minutes

My M8 posted this
    08-24-2014 05:01 PM
    I can't complete 10 hrs with light use

3 hours of screen on time, in 4 hours of use is NOT light use.

Help us out by charging your phone FULLY and then post a GSAM screenshot when you're down to 20% or so

My M8 posted this
    Mm8 likes this.
    08-24-2014 05:03 PM
    They saying this is normal

They lying.

08-24-2014 08:02 PM
    The screenshot clearly shows 2% in 10 minutes

My M8 posted this
    Oh yeah sorry. So what is the OP's complaint. He is not using it lightl but complains that he cannot get 10 hours?

08-24-2014 08:05 PM
    3 hours of screen on time, in 4 hours of use is NOT light use.

Help us out by charging your phone FULLY and then post a GSAM screenshot when you're down to 20% or so

My M8 posted this
    Ok Today I will post the picture after full charge

08-25-2014 02:15 AM
    I will charge the phone full today and then post the picture here thanks all for replay

08-25-2014 02:16 AM
    Please replace your charger and send the battery to do the inspection. VIFOCAL will provide much details information when you need.
    I send an email to HTC support they Said on the phone dialer write this *#*#4636#*#* and check battery health the battery health on my phone good

08-25-2014 03:57 AM
    Ok so I charge the phone to 100 and here is the result I feel the battery is good now but the app use is very high I am running only facebook on gsm it says android kernal is using a lot of battery on the power settings it's says gsm is using the battery

Attached Thumbnails HTC one m8 big issue with battery-4742.jpg  
    08-25-2014 01:59 PM
    Upstart draining more now

Attached Thumbnails HTC one m8 big issue with battery-4919.jpg  
    08-25-2014 02:03 PM
    Post screenshots when your battery is down to below 50% and also screenshot the app usage page

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    08-25-2014 06:08 PM
    These screenshots show good battery performance.

08-25-2014 06:10 PM
    Ok so I charge the phone to 100 and here is the result I feel the battery is good now but the app use is very high I am running only facebook on gsm it says android kernal is using a lot of battery on the power settings it's says gsm is using the battery

Note the small delta of 3.0%/hr? That's because your screen use is a small percentage of the overall uptime.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    08-25-2014 06:33 PM
    Upstart draining more now

Notice the large delta of 8.9%/hr? Look at what percentage of your uptime is screen time. Your screen use is way high.

Its a tale of two screen shots. Low battery loss when you're not on your screen. High battery loss when you're on your screen..you are draining your battery , what you're calling prematurely, from high screen usage. End of story.

08-25-2014 06:40 PM
    Notice the large delta of 8.9%/hr? Look at what percentage of your uptime is screen time. Your screen use is way high.

Its a tale of two screen shots. Low battery loss when you're not on your screen. High battery loss when you're on your screen..you are draining your battery , what you're calling prematurely, from high screen usage. End of story.

Where is the high screen usage

Attached Thumbnails HTC one m8 big issue with battery-5229.jpg  
    08-26-2014 05:13 AM
    I didnot use the screeb alot I charge it and then after 8 hrs of sleeping the battery was 68 percent without wifi

08-26-2014 05:14 AM
    You still haven't posted a proper screenshot so you can't expect anyone to help you

My M8 posted this
    08-26-2014 05:42 AM
    I didnot use the screeb alot I charge it and then after 8 hrs of sleeping the battery was 68 percent without wifi

In the interest of bringing this thread to a close, lets do one final test so you understand what we are trying to show you.

1. Fully charge your phone (your phone is fully charged when your led is green. Do not proceed until then.)

2. Do NOT use your phone for 8 hours. This means *NO SCREEN* use or other usage like phone calls. I realize this may very difficult for you but draw on your inner strength!

3. After 8 hours post your gsam results, for the main page and the App Usage page. Also indicate if you had a WiFi connection or not during that time.

Good luck with the test!

08-26-2014 06:00 AM
    In the interest of bringing this thread to a close, lets do one final test so you understand what we are trying to show you.

1. Fully charge your phone (your phone is fully charged when your led is green. Do not proceed until then.)

2. Do NOT use your phone for 8 hours. This means *NO SCREEN* use or other usage like phone calls. I realize this may very difficult for you but draw on your inner strength!

3. After 8 hours post your gsam results, for the main page and the App Usage page. Also indicate if you had a WiFi connection or not during that time.

Good luck with the test!

I don't think step 2 is necessary, a day of normal usage would be more indicative of any battery drain

My M8 posted this
    08-26-2014 06:22 AM
    I don't think step 2 is necessary, a day of normal usage would be more indicative of any battery drain

My M8 posted this
    But OP thinks his normal usage is "normal"....it's not.

08-26-2014 06:25 AM
    But OP thinks his normal usage is "normal"....it's not.

And the battery stats will show that, but we haven't seen anything reliable yet

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    08-26-2014 04:06 PM
    Hey guys. These stats are after updating to the latest update from T-Mobile. Not that it was any better before the update. Just thought I'd give T-Mobile some time. But that ain't happening no more. Battery drains like crazy. If I start with a 100% in the morning around 10 am the battery is almost dead by evening around 7 pm. Surely there is something wrong. Just can't understand which app is draining the battery. I'm not really feeling the pinch right now because I can always charge it in college. But it still ain't a good thing. What do you guys suggest?

Attached Thumbnails HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94080.jpg   HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94081.jpg   HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94082.jpg   HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94083.jpg   HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94084.jpg  

HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94085.jpg   HTC one m8 big issue with battery-94086.jpg  
    08-27-2014 05:39 AM
    Will First I want thank you all guys for replay I took the phone to HTC garranty and told them about my problem after 1 day of check they called last in night and it was not phone problem it was charger problem probably 1amp is not enough for the battery to work good so they gave me 2 amp charger I charged the phone full last in night and then I use it and here is the result ......its working good now thank you guys again for help

Attached Thumbnails HTC one m8 big issue with battery-screenshot_2014-08-27-12-03-32.jpg  
    08-27-2014 05:42 AM
55 123