HTC one m8 big issue with battery

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Upstart draining more now

Posted via the Android Central App
Notice the large delta of 8.9%/hr? Look at what percentage of your uptime is screen time. Your screen use is way high.

Its a tale of two screen shots. Low battery loss when you're not on your screen. High battery loss when you're on your screen..you are draining your battery , what you're calling prematurely, from high screen usage. End of story.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Notice the large delta of 8.9%/hr? Look at what percentage of your uptime is screen time. Your screen use is way high.

Its a tale of two screen shots. Low battery loss when you're not on your screen. High battery loss when you're on your screen..you are draining your battery , what you're calling prematurely, from high screen usage. End of story.

Where is the high screen usage

Attachments

• 5229.jpg
    5229.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I didnot use the screeb alot I charge it and then after 8 hrs of sleeping the battery was 68 percent without wifi

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I didnot use the screeb alot I charge it and then after 8 hrs of sleeping the battery was 68 percent without wifi

In the interest of bringing this thread to a close, lets do one final test so you understand what we are trying to show you.

1. Fully charge your phone (your phone is fully charged when your led is green. Do not proceed until then.)

2. Do NOT use your phone for 8 hours. This means *NO SCREEN* use or other usage like phone calls. I realize this may very difficult for you but draw on your inner strength!

3. After 8 hours post your gsam results, for the main page and the App Usage page. Also indicate if you had a WiFi connection or not during that time.

Good luck with the test!

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
In the interest of bringing this thread to a close, lets do one final test so you understand what we are trying to show you.

1. Fully charge your phone (your phone is fully charged when your led is green. Do not proceed until then.)

2. Do NOT use your phone for 8 hours. This means *NO SCREEN* use or other usage like phone calls. I realize this may very difficult for you but draw on your inner strength!

3. After 8 hours post your gsam results, for the main page and the App Usage page. Also indicate if you had a WiFi connection or not during that time.

Good luck with the test!

I don't think step 2 is necessary, a day of normal usage would be more indicative of any battery drain

My M8 posted this

gpuli

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. These stats are after updating to the latest update from T-Mobile. Not that it was any better before the update. Just thought I'd give T-Mobile some time. But that ain't happening no more. Battery drains like crazy. If I start with a 100% in the morning around 10 am the battery is almost dead by evening around 7 pm. Surely there is something wrong. Just can't understand which app is draining the battery. I'm not really feeling the pinch right now because I can always charge it in college. But it still ain't a good thing. What do you guys suggest?

Attachments

• 94080.jpg
    94080.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 94081.jpg
    94081.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 94082.jpg
    94082.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 94083.jpg
    94083.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 94084.jpg
    94084.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 94085.jpg
    94085.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 94086.jpg
    94086.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 19

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Will First I want thank you all guys for replay I took the phone to HTC garranty and told them about my problem after 1 day of check they called last in night and it was not phone problem it was charger problem probably 1amp is not enough for the battery to work good so they gave me 2 amp charger I charged the phone full last in night and then I use it and here is the result ......its working good now thank you guys again for help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-27-12-03-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-27-12-03-32.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 19

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. These stats are after updating to the latest update from T-Mobile. Not that it was any better before the update. Just thought I'd give T-Mobile some time. But that ain't happening no more. Battery drains like crazy. If I start with a 100% in the morning around 10 am the battery is almost dead by evening around 7 pm. Surely there is something wrong. Just can't understand which app is draining the battery. I'm not really feeling the pinch right now because I can always charge it in college. But it still ain't a good thing. What do you guys suggest?

In a couple of your screen shots Chrome has high usage. When using Chrome what type of things are you viewing in it? Are you watching videos, or listening to music over the Chrome browser - if so that could account for quick battery drain. Include a screen shot of the main screen of GSam battery monitor where it lists how much of your battery is being consumed by the screen, apps, screen on time, etc. If you spend a large amount of your time with your screen on during that nine hour window (like people have been telling Mm8) then its not a surprise your battery would be depleted by within a day.

Some M7 users reported quicker battery drain after one of their updates, and a lot of them solved it by clearing their system cache. You could try the same thing, and see if improves your battery life as well.

Clear your phone's cache partition using the steps below (you wouldn't loose any personal files like your pictures, etc).
Turn off Fastboot if you have it enabled
Turn off your phone
Press and hold the Volume Down key.
Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
Continue holding the Volume Down.
Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
Press the Up Volume key and Power key at the same time.
Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

gpuli

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Tried that. Let's see now. I'll also install gsam battery monitor. Another thing.last few posts I read that the charger amp rating was the issue. I saw my original charger that came with the phone. It says 1 amp. How can that be? And I'm pretty sure it's the charger that I got with the phone.

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. Let's see now. I'll also install gsam battery monitor. Another thing.last few posts I read that the charger amp rating was the issue. I saw my original charger that came with the phone. It says 1 amp. How can that be? And I'm pretty sure it's the charger that I got with the phone.

Shouldn't be hard to figure out if the charger came with the phone as the stock charger has the HTC logo on it (unless of course you already had an HTC phone!).

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Shouldn't be hard to figure out if the charger came with the phone as the stock charger has the HTC logo on it (unless of course you already had an HTC phone!).

In the other hand, I've had my M8 tell me I should switch to the HTC charger in order to receive the best charging experience. At the time it was plugged into the wall using the HTC branded charger and cord that came with the phone. Other times, it happily soaks up juice without complaint using the same charger, cord, and socket.

Posted via Android Central App

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
In the other hand, I've had my M8 tell me I should switch to the HTC charger in order to receive the best charging experience. At the time it was plugged into the wall using the HTC branded charger and cord that came with the phone. Other times, it happily soaks up juice without complaint using the same charger, cord, and socket.

Posted via Android Central App
Sounds like my wife. 😜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude