HTC one m8 big issue with battery

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys :
I am new member here and I hope that I can find my problem souloution I bought HTC one m8 before 6 days ago the phone is great also battery was fine first day only after couple hours of using I recharge it again and the battery was just sucks I installed gsm battery monitor to see what happens and here is the picture
The phone can go using only 3 hours and the battery temp some times103f

please help me I dont now what do do I did software reset and hardware reset did not work also

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 134

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
do you have screen brightness all the way up to 100% also, can you provide a breakdown of the app usage? some apps are battery drainers so you might have something running in the back that is causing this. Have you downloaded any recent apps that co inside with the battery drain?

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replay but I already did hard reset and my brightness is automatic but nothing changed

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I just discovered that I am charging my phone with 1 amp charger maybe this is the reason of the problem?????

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Your screen shot only shows stats on 20 minutes of usage with battery at 77%.

Very difficult to troubleshoot with limited usage. Would suggest using your phone as you normally do and letting battery drain more (say down to 20% or so) and provide a new screen shot and also show app usage as others suggested.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
No comment the worst battery on earth

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 91

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you ever get off your phone? Nearly 3 hours of screen on time in 3 and a half hours.

Looks normal for heavy use with auto brightness on full, but your usage is not normal

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That's what I am saying I don't use the phone a lot I did card reset factory reset. No change the battery just getting worse every day but I am using 1 amp charger may be this is what cause the problem

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
That's what I am saying I don't use the phone a lot I did card reset factory reset. No change the battery just getting worse every day but I am using 1 amp charger may be this is what cause the problem

Three hours of screen time non-stop (which is what your stats show) is what I would call about maximum screen time for a charging cycle. You're stats are missing 17%, so i guess you reset when doing this latest test....ie you probably we're at almost 3.5 hours of screen time.

Sure, others will claim to get 5-6 hours, but there are a ton of ways you can get there, which really go beyond the scope of your concern.

I.e. there's nothing wrong with your battery or your phone. You are just a power user (spending 80+ percent of your uptime using your screen.)

I get a good 3 hours of screen time between charges but I run 25-35 hours so my percent of screen time to overall time is much lower, and what I would call, more standard for most folks.

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My friend a lot of videos and people was taking about the amazing battery life of m8 I had Nokia lumia before it and it was just perfect I can use it at least 9 hours with medium brightness and heavy use even iPhone 5 like this but with HTC one m8 I just can't complete 3 hrs of watching movie

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't really now now what causing this problem but I am going to sell this crap phone it really not deserve 700 dollars

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I just disconnect the phone from the charger and the battery turn to 99 percent suddenly

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Three hours of screen time non-stop (which is what your stats show) is what I would call about maximum screen time for a charging cycle. You're stats are missing 17%, so i guess you reset when doing this latest test....ie you probably we're at almost 3.5 hours of screen time.

Sure, others will claim to get 5-6 hours, but there are a ton of ways you can get there, which really go beyond the scope of your concern.

I.e. there's nothing wrong with your battery or your phone. You are just a power user (spending 80+ percent of your uptime using your screen.)

I get a good 3 hours of screen time between charges but I run 25-35 hours so my percent of screen time to overall time is much lower, and what I would call, more standard for most folks.

I dont think Mm8 gets what your saying.

Hey Mm8, your screen shot shows 3 hours 22 minutes of total phone on time, and of that screen on time was almost 3 hours.
that is heavy usage. That is what were trying to say.

Also using a 1 amp charger while your using your phone may not actually charge the phone. The phone might be using 1.5 or 2a of power internally, especially if your streaming or playing a game. So at best your slowing down the battery drain.

Today i went to lunch and tethered my device to my Note 3 so i could play a game on it, but my M8 had ESPN Watch going for over an hour with Sports Center on. During that hour while i was streaming that via LTE AND had my other device tethered i lost maybe 15-20% of my battery.
Im also on T-Mobile and have seen an increase in battery life with the most recent update.

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks man I will replace my charger tomorrow to see what happens thanks a lot I am not heavy user btw just chatting and some phone calls make the battery drain and I noticed also after I disconnect the charger battery turn down to 99 percent that what make me feel that it's charger problem

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks dude I will replace my charger tomorrow to see what happens because after disconnecting my charger battery turn down to 99 percent directly with out any use that make me feel that it is charger problem

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Something seems off. Don't think I've ever seen my battery get to 106 degrees. Maybe one of your apps is out of control?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol