Lock Screen- Freeze/Unlock Slow

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I dont think i'm bring Paranoid but I am noticing when I swipe up to unlock my screen, enter my Pin and press Enter.. the phone doesnt unlock. It hangs and i get a blank black screen for a maybe 7 to 8 seconds.

I have to retry the process a few times to get a successful result.

It is noticeable now i have a software Update of 2.1.2. Not the Android Update.

Am i doing anything wrong or any advice?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes.

When I restart it's still the same... I am using Action Launcher though so not sure if that makes a difference.

I had to resort to setting the lock screen to never lock which is not ideal. The only other thing I can think off, is that maybe my hands are a bit big for the keyboard and i dont quite strike the "enter" key cleanly...

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I just did the cache wipe partition and it didn't help...

When I swipe up to unlock, I get a magnifying glass that comes up with the word Google.. Don't know if this affects it..

Will try and go back to Stock Launcher, when I eventually get in and see the behaviour...

It's as if the swipe action to unlock and entering my pin.. is doing nothing...

Just staring at a blank screen at the moment.. until i double tap the phone or just wait for the screen to come back alive..

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it "waits" and has to think about it... before eventually unlocking it.. but I have to test it a couple of times to be sure... Is this normal?? I'm guessing not...

OK.. So, I have just changed back to HTC Blinkfeed and the behaviour is the same...

Aside from a factory re-set not sure what to do?

I think it is due to the OTA update mostly.. :( Sad times..

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The magnifying glass and Google sounds like it's seeing if you want to bring up Google Now. On many phones, if you swipe up from the bottom screen edge of the lockscreen, it will think you want to go straight to Google Now. Are you starting your finger swipe below the screen edge, or starting right on the lock symbol? Try doing it right on the lock symbol.

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
OK... That seems to have worked..

Underneath the "Lock Screen Symbol" is an up arrow ^ - It appears that I was probably trying to swipe up from the arrow and hence the magnifying glass coming up.

It seems to have worked from just swiping up on the lock symbol.

User error.. doh!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that up arrow is for Google Now--it's on Nexus devices, so it's a basic part of the Android interface (as opposed to a manufacturer modification).

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante