since HTC one m8 update .....

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Since I checked if there were any new updates for my HTC m8 and then proceeded to update , long YouTube posts are taking a long time if never to download. Guess this update has bugs too. Version I'm running is 5.9.0.13 YouTube.

Posted via the Android Central App
Android version 4.4.3
HTC sense version 6.0

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Since I checked if there were any new updates for my HTC m8 and then proceeded to update , long YouTube posts are taking a long time if never to download. Guess this update has bugs too.

Android version 4.4.3
HTC sense version 6.0

Hello. Are you using a browser, or are you using the Youtube app?

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Using YouTube app that was on the phone when I bought the phone. I didn't install it from play store. Thanks for any help

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If so then maybe you should give the phone a factory reset.
Since I checked if there were any new updates for my HTC m8 and then proceeded to update , long YouTube posts are taking a long time if never to download.

Before you resort to the factory reset I recommend you try clearing the YouTube apps cache, and see if that fixes your problem.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Since I checked if there were any new updates for my HTC m8 and then proceeded to update , long YouTube posts are taking a long time if never to download. Guess this update has bugs too.

Android version 4.4.3
HTC sense version 6.0

how long is a long youtube video? I have watched some GTA5 videos that are 7-10 minutes long with no issues.
But i also cleared system cache from the recovery after i did the TMO 4.4.3 ota.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
how long is a long youtube video? I have watched some GTA5 videos that are 7-10 minutes long with no issues. .

long YouTube posts are taking a long time if never to download.
I don't think it was the youtube video he was having the issue with, but the dialogue that people post that are under the video, and how long they were taking for him to load based on his wording.

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
It is 10 hours long. It's on Odomtology . It's an AA speaker and the picture is still. There is just a picture on the screen of a book. I have auto update checked but sometimes it does not auto update. If there was a new version of YouTube , it would show in apps , that it needs update. Version 5.9.0.13 YouTube.
If I do a factory reset what can I do to avoid losing any apps I loaded ? I do have everything sync with a Gmail acct.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If I do a factory reset what can I do to avoid losing any apps I loaded ? I do have everything sync with a Gmail acct.
A factory reset would revert your system back to the state when you first got your phone (except it will have the most recent system version you installed). Your Google/Gmail account can back up your contacts, but will not back up much else for you. Depending on your carrier they may have a backup/cloud program that will back up addition things (text messages, pictures, etc). You can also get 3rd party apps that will backup more.
A factory reset isn't a guarantee that the problem will be fixed afterward, and even if it does fix the problem for now since you don't know what exactly caused it - it could reoccur. A factory reset is recommended by people when they have no idea what caused a problem or how to solve it by other means. I'd recommend trying other things before you resort to that extreme.

It is 10 hours long. It's on Odomtology . It's an AA speaker and the picture is still. There is just a picture on the screen of a book. I have auto update checked but sometimes it does not auto update. If there was a new version of YouTube , it would show in apps , that it needs update. Version 5.9.0.13 YouTube.
Have you played that same file on your m8 before? Have you tested on a computer to see if the same problem occurs on there? Have you tried playing it from a browser webpage instead of the app? Have you tried on a different data stream (wifi and mobile data)? It could be a YouTube problem, or a network problem as opposed to your phone or app. If you want you could post a link to it, and others can report if they have the same problem playing it.
Have you tried going into app manager and uninstalling the updates for the youtube app, testing again without the most recent Youtube app updates, re-update it, and try again (to determine if a recent update is the problem).

Have you tried doing a system cache clear? (With this you will not loose your apps, pics, etc).
Turn off Fastboot if you have it enabled
Turn off your phone
Press and hold the Volume Down key.
Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
Continue holding the Volume Down.
Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
Press the Up Volume key and Power key at the same time.
Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX