Battery App

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Those app usages look pretty normal. If you use all of the 1% and above leave them as is, but if you don't use some of the non-system apps (facebook or tapatalk for example) you could disable them and get a few % back. Disabling apps that account for 5% of your battery would make it last 5% longer...
Switching from Dalvik (which you're probably using as your runtime engine) to ART could drop your Android Kernel from 11.3% to ~7.3%, and your Android system from 8.6% to ~4.3% potentially, but its not a change you have to make if you don't want to. Changing your screen settings (brightness, timeout, etc) could take your screen on time from the estimated 2.5 hours and bump it up to somewhere in the 4-5 hour range.
You may also be able to squeeze out a bit more time by enabling some of the power saving options (for things like location) if you haven't already.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
How do I switch from dalvik to art? What is that? Is it harmful lol

Its the runtime system for how the OS handles apps. The way Dalvik works is that each time you use an app it expands (uncompress) the file, and then shrinks it back after use. It takes time, resources, and battery to do that every time. ART converts files so that they are uncompressed (making file size slightly larger), but speeds up applications opening, speeds up phone booting, and saves battery.
You can enable it by going into your phone's about settings, and clicking on the build number seven times to enable developer mode where you can then change the runtime. If you determine you don't like ART you can always go back and re-enable Dalvik.

Here is a walk-through on enabling ART with pictures and additional details about how ART differs from Dalvik:
How to get Android L's performance boost right now - CNET

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
5a755380ebe85553a524d4b5c935f900.jpg

Officially using ART now.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
After enabling ART result. How come my battery says 7hours ? When in dalvik says 19hours? Perhaps I'll wait it out and see.
What 19 hour thing are you referring to? The only 19 I see in your previous screen captures is the 19 minutes and 15 seconds of screen on time it says your phone would last if you had it maxed out.
Perhaps you could could attribute a drop in estimated time remaining to the fact that you rebooted the phone, and it converted all of your files over to a new state. The battery monitor estimates battery based on what you've done in the past (since your last charge if that is what you have it set to), and so now it thinks that every (whatever hours you went between fully charged and converting to ART) you are going to reboot your phone and reformat your files. Over time (or the next time you plug in for a full charge) you should see more accurate estimates.

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
What 19 hour thing are you referring to? The only 19 I see in your previous screen captures is the 19 minutes and 15 seconds of screen on time it says your phone would last if you had it maxed out.
Perhaps you could could attribute a drop in estimated time remaining to the fact that you rebooted the phone, and it converted all of your files over to a new state. The battery monitor estimates battery based on what you've done in the past (since your last charge if that is what you have it set to), and so now it thinks that every (whatever hours you went between fully charged and converting to ART) you are going to reboot your phone and reformat your files. Over time (or the next time you plug in for a full charge) you should see more accurate estimates.
cf49324a0f0b9d6c02245bb2a3ea1dcd.jpg

What does time remaining average mean?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Let me just add, don't get too caught up in the whole battery monitoring thing. Just keep a close eye on it, but also be aware that over time, you (probably) won't see as great of battery as you did right out of the box.

Numerous things like battery wearing out, more apps=more battery consumption, and low cell signal will all affect your battery life. Among other things.

Its good that you're so conscious about it, however, so that you learn now what is normal and what's not, so in the future you can tell more easily if something fishy is going on. So props to you. And good luck and have fun!

Posted via Android Central App

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone thanks for everyone's help. I'm funnier into another problem, I've disable at&t bloatware and I disabled animation on the phone. But since ART was enabled. I can't turn on battery saver mode. Is this normal?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone thanks for everyone's help. I'm funnier into another problem, I've disable at&t bloatware and I disabled animation on the phone. But since ART was enabled. I can't turn on battery saver mode. Is this normal?

What battery saver mode are you referring to? The one associated with location settings, extreme power mode, or something else? I haven't heard of anyone else having problems running ART and power saving modes together, but then again the 4.4.3 patch just came out for you AT&T users (did you download and install it - before it disappeared?). What happens when you try to enable it? Is its selection greyed out? Are you able to pick it, but you don't see a difference afterward? Have you tried shutting down the phone, and restarting it after enabling it? I'm not sure how the AT&T battery saving mode may differ from the default HTC version or the other vendors, but its possible the power saving mode it used had to do with saving power when it came to how Dalvik used battery when decompressing files, and with ART not having to do that it no longer has an effect.

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
What battery saver mode are you referring to? The one associated with location settings, extreme power mode, or something else? I haven't heard of anyone else having problems running ART and power saving modes together, but then again the 4.4.3 patch just came out for you AT&T users (did you download and install it - before it disappeared?). What happens when you try to enable it? Is its selection greyed out? Are you able to pick it, but you don't see a difference afterward? Have you tried shutting down the phone, and restarting it after enabling it? I'm not sure how the AT&T battery saving mode may differ from the default HTC version or the other vendors, but its possible the power saving mode it used had to do with saving power when it came to how Dalvik used battery when decompressing files, and with ART not having to do that it no longer has an effect.
The one that came with HTC. The battery saver mode and ext saving mode is grey out. I have restart and still the same. And yes I upgraded to sense 6 for at&t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaac donald