Is it possible to install Windows on an Android M8?

lredgen

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
This is probably an incredibly stupid question that I could determine myself with some Googling, but my quick Googling seemed to suggest that it would be more likely to be possible than impossible.

Is there any way, or could there be in the future, a method of installing Windows on a HTC One M8 running Android? Or are there hardware/software limitations preventing this?

Thanks, and sorry if this was stupid.

- LR

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Short answer: No

MS-Windows is an operating system. Android is an operating system.

Now if you're asking "Is it possible to install MS-Windows on an M8" the answer is: It depends. I imagine it would be possible. It would require a joint effort between HTC and Microsoft.

Cannot imagine why anybody'd want to do that, but to each his or her own, I guess.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the differences are under the hood but now you can get the one m8 with windows I think a ROM might be a possibility

Posted via Android Central App

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Short answer: No

MS-Windows is an operating system. Android is an operating system.

Now if you're asking "Is it possible to install MS-Windows on an M8" the answer is: It depends. I imagine it would be possible. It would require a joint effort between HTC and Microsoft.

Cannot imagine why anybody'd want to do that, but to each his or her own, I guess.

I would assume many people would want to do it seeing as how Verizon is getting a Windows Phone M8.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that the bootloaders isn't a problem, but I think that it would depend on being able to partion the internal and external drives and get the phone to be able to recognize each at boot... then not bork the ime files. Getting a ruu of WP is primary along with a great developer to make it happen......

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

lredgen

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply. I think that gives me a better idea of where this is at the moment, cheers.

Kind Regards,

Luke Redgen

Anfurnyy

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as I've heard and the 3 hours of researching. The bootloaders are compatible, you'd just have to repartition the internal storage a d flash the windows phone m8 RUU. But I'm not completely sure and am NOT a dev in ANY way. Kind of along the same lines of flashing the real GPE edition RUU.

Serko Eudemishlian

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Your imagination must suck dude. If you really believed in the expression to each his own, you wouldn't post garbage that has no value except to express your disapproval of something someone else wants to do. This isn't a thread about you.

a message for stoneface...

I realize I'm also guilty of being a hypocrite. But it feels good to say. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca