The battery was going on my near launch M7 to the point where the phone was dying and taking four or five hours to charge.

I got an email from Sprint saying I was eligible for early upgrade September 1, so I figured I would just do it because the M7 was beginning to be unreliable.

Well they were running a deal that if I bought the Dot Case or one of the Otterboxes, I could buy the phone for $0.99. Good deal, though I don't use cases on my phones, I figured I'd give the dot case a try as the Otterbox is too bulky for my taste.

Well, the size of the case (although it doesn't seem to offer too much protection) is OK, but with the "spring-loaded" flap it's a real pain to try to use the phone with it on. The flap doesn't fold back flat, so if you have the phone sitting on your desk, it's at a goofy angle. Trying to use the phone one handed is almost impossible with that case too because the flap just wants to shut on you.

Has anyone modded the case to free up the flap? I think the concept is pretty neat, but functionally it's a nightmare. In the end I basically paid nothing for it though, so I'm not too worried about it.
    09-09-2014 09:16 AM
    I use the HTC one and dot case in the left hand fine and my hands are small. I totally get the angle on the desk but I just prop it up against something.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    09-09-2014 05:52 PM